6 to 8 ton of newly felled beech

woodywoodpeckertree

Think theres a lot more activity and more going on down your end of the country bob :D

All the log boys down this way are busy Chris, most are delivering all year round. I blame the city yuppies with their country retreats and wood stoves :thumbup1:

Bob

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I think this might be easier.

6 to 8 ton beech needs to be cleared on Monday free for whoever turns up address is.

Hollycroft, St Helen's Park Road, Hastings TN34 2JW.

I'm there from 8.30. Call 07854145864

Don't be so hasty.

Find whoever told you it was worth £1500 and tell him he can have it for £750.

You either make really good cash for it, or he admits he's a bullshitter of the highest order.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

4ft across x 4m length will weigh rather more than a ton.

Some ideas you might find useful for future reference.

There is quite often demand for arb arisings, the challenge is pairing up what you have with what someone wants in a timeframe and location which is mutually convenient. The more notice you can give, the more it gives people a chance to line up transport or make sure they are available on the right day, rather than tied up on another job.

Most things will end up as firewood, however it is worth mentioning some things in advance as sometimes someone might want it for milling. The obvious ones are oak, cedar and walnut but sometimes yew, cherry, plum, apple and pear might be of interest. Other less common species such as hard maple and service tree are also worth mentioning.

If you put up a post when you know the date of the job, you lose nothing and might find it gets collected for you for no effort and sometimes some money in your pocket. If you have already ringed it up and now need it cleared quickly, this is less likely to happen, leaving you with the effort and cost.

Alec

were do you live you have to save me some of that bear? firstly woodywoodpeckertree were do you live secondly you need to advise your adviser to attend a drug clinic i will take the lot but depends were you live i don't travel more than 150 mile to collect i live in north wales if your interested 07752082511