need help with customer..refuses to pay.

Czlowiek Drzewo

I done a job for costumer about 1 month ago.

Medium size job . 3 men on site full day.

I done a very good job for them and completed everything on the written quote.

They called me and said that i did not trim a couple of trees for them ..that they asked for ( they didn't ) and said they will not pay!

The trees that they asked me to trim was not on the quote and they did not ask me to do the extra work when i went out and gave price.

we went back out there to make sure we done verything on the quote.. job completed?...No! they call me back saying that there is other trees that need trimmed and will not pay till its done ( all this not on quote ).

The job is for 380. I have paid 200/ and had a long shift doing job.

What can i do? small claims court?

Assholes!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say fair enough dont pay but unfortunately i cant pay for my yard and will have to use your drive/property to store chip and logs.

Turn up at night when you know they are in, make sure they see you and start to tip on their driveway, they will be out like a flash with there cash...

Thats the old school way that i used, nowadays the solicitor sorts it, you have to include heavy penalties in your T&C's , as i see it if they have a problem with it they are generally going to be a problem ..

I always make a detailed contract for work to be done and make two coppies to be signed by myself and customer to keep it at what is in the document, mind you had a customer take the mick a little the other day but he had already paid half on a two day job and supplied us with bacon butties all day so happy to give a little more. my just be worth sucking it up and keeping customer happy to make sure you get paid, also if you are a little forgiving with customers then your reputation will surly grow into a good one and it may bring you more work in the long run. Just my 2 cents.

did a slabbing job a month ago, customer wanted the price keeping low so we agreed to use all soil in some raised beds. rang her at lunch to say there was too much soil and did she want me to take some away, i'd do it for the price of the diesel. no, she says, keep piling it up, i'll sort it.

rang me later that night, very happy with the slabs, but she's not paying as theres too much soil, and its not good enough quality!!!!!!!

no matter what i offered, she wasn't interested in listening, didn't want me back on site, not paying, i'm picking on her as she's on her own!!!!!

thats fine, don't pay a penny, was my reply,

are you sure she said

yeah, i'm new to area and trying to get a good reputation, so if she's THAT unhappy, i'll send the lads round in the morning and take it all up.

No, no. can we come to a compromise, was her answer

the upshot of this is.

when i now get a job accepted, i take a job sheet with me, with the job described in full, price, what we're doing, what, if anything the customer is doing, and before work starts, the sheet gets signed by the customer.

no arguments then.