Garage break in Pirbright, Surrey

Jonny Burch

A few years ago I lost the lot, Tools and Chipper. The insurance company at the time wriggled their way out of it. It's taken a lot to get to where I am now, physically and mentally. To have nearly everything taken away again has been soul destroying, and then to have another "visit" has sent my anxiety levels over the edge. I'm pretty sure anyone who's been at work with me this week has noticed how snappy I've been! It's also made its way into my home life with both my girlfriend and daughter witnessing me being rather "short" where as I'm normally quite calm. Why the authorities concerned don't up the punishment for the people committing these crimes is beyond me!! To some it might be just a few chainsaws and other petrol tools but to me and all those I know in this business it's mine and their livelihoods that are constantly becoming more and more stressful.

Chop the thieving B*stards hands off as far as I'm concerned

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Right on Jonny.

I think we are all getting visitors at the moment,we have just started removing our address of goggle maps as this is the only thing I can think of what is a big arrow to us apart from companies house with the limited companies information,the only thing what seems to be stopping them coming right into the yard is the cctv.

Went it to the garage this morning and found a window prised open and saws etc all gone

No climbing kits etc missing just saws and hedge cutters

Will post up serial numbers etc a bit later on today

3rd time this has happened to me now. B*stards

JB it worries me that all these toerags needed to do was prise a window open to gain acess to your kit. I know you should not need to but have you considered fitting widow bars and perhaps an alarm?

Bob

• Like 1

I think we are all getting visitors at the moment,we have just started removing our address of goggle maps as this is the only thing I can think of what is a big arrow to us apart from companies house with the limited companies information,the only thing what seems to be stopping them coming right into the yard is the cctv.

The CCTV at our yard and others around us serves as no deterrent, only people I know who escape are those who secure their stuff in a robust way - loud alarms that are hard to disable (hidden sirens hard to reach or cut the power supply to) and secure storage -shipping containers do not cut it they need to be concrete and steel with thought given to oxy acetalyne torchs or grinders, make it hard and they will not bother.

• 2 weeks later...

A week on from someone going through the bins and guess what...

Yesterday, for the first time ever we have a guy knock on the door asking if we'd like the "driveway tarmaced". He'd not bothered knocking on the front door but came round to the back door.

Everything I have now been relocated elsewhere

Best nights sleep ever last night.....