DdRT up; SRT down?

Bath_tree_man

Iḿ not sure but seems you can't choke the ring-ring saver on the stem or you can't touch the ivy?

You can clean (or not?) a bit of the ivy in the stem just to choke the climbing line (alpine, alpine+mailon, alpine+carabiner, bowline+backup), leaving the tail long enough for retrieving or attach a throw line to do the same. Descend srt with a 8 or a HMS biner with a prusik as a back up "brake" just in case you need both hands or something happens in the descending. Which is actually something you already described :lol:

Adding a ring, mailon, carabiner or pulley in the choking knot makes the retrieval easier.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Take care with Ash as newer growth dosnt seem to have much bond strength to the main trunk. We have an old Ash with new growth on and most of it was removed (whilst in leaf) by a not so strong wind.

I wouldnt worry about the ivy, it will soon grow back!

where abouts in Bath are you?

N

Think client wants to keep the ivy (albeit I could take bits off here and there if that helped) but will check.

Not sure how to choke ring-ring cambium saver other than wrapping it, so couldn't retrieve it?

Good advice adding biner into choking knot thanks

I've done that a couple of times and never got it stuck because choking. But you have to install it correctly: the big ring side allways go OVER the small ring side. There are some good videos explaining that:

Like WesD said, if you can get a multisaver/ajustable is perfect but if not I would go for the srt choke solution, way simple and easy (in my experience tho, i cant judge the tree and situation you are working on).

btw, worth to watch this video explaining how to setup and move/retrieve srt and double wrap the lanyard to re-install the main line. Feels a lot safer.

Sorry but i don't know how to post videos, i even search in faq but no result.