Loler

alex_m

Do you comply with loler for your climbing gear? (anonymous poll)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you comply with loler for your climbing gear? (anonymous poll)

• Yes
    • No

i would not have charged that much thats for sure

although it does depend on how much marking ect involved so not knocking whoever did it

and i would of marked everything made proper labels ect:thumbup:

The kit is marked up, I tend to do it myself before hand, no point paying for him to do it.

Roughly what do you think a fair price is Bob?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi £400 seems very steep i inspect kits for £65 per kit the 1st tine and then £40 from then on, all marking up is included in the price. I operate nation wide and my phone no is 07835 02 99 23

as for your insurance, they would have to pay out but after they do they will take you for the full amount. I work very closely with some members of the insurance industry, there was a bloke not so long ago that under declared his anual turnover, a payout from a resulting accident came to £350k after paying out they took the blokes house, cars, equipment the lot! If youre insurance firm have to pay out EL or PL and you can't prove you have an in date 'record of thorough examination' they will have to pay out by law but then they'll recover as much of the payout as posible from you if that means your house, cars then they'll have them

Bleedin ell a good reason to become a ltd company if ever I saw it!

if a limited company can't pay & the sale of their assets doesn't cover the claim the directors have to pay & if they can't then they will lose there house etc & iff the accident resulted in a fatality then he/she/they would face a charge of corprate man slaughter

you only need to speak to some1 who's been through all that for 1minute 2 realise that it really isn't worth saving a couple of hundred quid.

two climbing kits & one rigging kit collected, inspected & returned to your door for an anual bill of £200+vat; not allot is it????????????

(repeat inspectiuons £40ea climbing kit inspected every 6 months & rigging every 12months)

I can't imagine why there is so much resistance to having your stuff independantly examined?

It doesn't cost thousands, does it?

Why take the chance of an insurance wrangle? You would waste more earning time than the money you think you'd saved.

Put in perspective, any little 'knock it out on the way home job' like the one on Watchdog thats been recently discussed, would pay for it.

On the other hand, I am in favour of others not Lolering, means less competition on proper work with decent clients. :biggrin:

alex

just pop down the shop in needham market £40 an hour inc vat and miinor repairs.

well be happy to help.

as for why, for get all the youll get done your insurace wont pay out , its the law arguments as they go round and round, quite simpley farmiliarity blindness means you will get used to certain things and most people will let them slid untill they cause an accident, so is simpley about making sure fresh eyes double cheak what you know about your stuff and make sure you have not missed anything so that you go home in one peice

kev

I'm just south of Birmingham (Bromsgrove). Anyone local want to do my gear at a nice affordable price?

£65 per kit this 1st time & then £40 there after, collected, inspected, marked up & returned to your door overnight, will have to be this comming thursday (29th oct) or next monday (2nd Nov) I operate a nataional service & group firms together in different areas of the country call me on 07835 029 923 to book in.:thumbup1: