Andrew Cervino Quick Step boots?

Old Mill Tree Care

Wondering what the wood walkers would be like

Darned comfy. I also have a pair of Stein Somethings which I can only wear with ease for half a day.

The Waldlaufers are good all day. I'm a groundie 95% of the time but have worn the Meindls with spikes and didn't have a problem.

If you ever try them don't be put off by the fit out of the box. I wondered what I'd let myself in for as I could barely get them on but after a few hours when they'd warmed up and been manipulated by use they stretched and moulded very well.

I agree they are a personal thing, like a harness, so it's useful to know if they're falling apart prematurely or horribly flawed in the design, regarding comfort.

Interesting what you say about Airstream boots. I don't fit Hiax well but love Meindel. I have colleagues who are opposite. It seems if you fit Meindel you won't fit Hiax.

Strange, although they aren't chainsaw boots, I have a pair of Meindl Borneo hiking boots and 2 pairs of Haix German army issue, hiking type and combat type and don't find any difference comfort or fit wise.

My chainsaw boots are Stihl Advance, not a climbing boot really as they have a very bulky toe box although they're great on spikes, most of my time is on the ground or spikes so not a problem. They're really tough, waterproof and breathable thanks to Gore-Tex but definitely one to try before you buy as they run about half a size on the large side IMO. If I had to guess I'd say they were actually made by Meindl.

Personally I like my boots to be all leather with as few pieces as possible to make the upper, may try the Pfanners when the Stihls need replaced.

Darned comfy. I also have a pair of Stein Somethings which I can only wear with ease for half a day.

The Waldlaufers are good all day. I'm a groundie 95% of the time but have worn the Meindls with spikes and didn't have a problem.

I wouldn't doubt that for a second, the Waldlaufer/Woodwalker look just like Meindl's hiking boots, I'd have a pair but I don't think they're quite stiff enough for the terrain I spent most time in. look like a very good all rounder though :thumbup1:

Tough terrain then. I broke them in helping manage veteran oaks in woodland whose understorey is 4'+ brambles and fallen trees/branches. I was dragging brush out for later chipping or stacking bigger stuff for habitat all in the brambles.

Tough terrain then. I broke them in helping manage veteran oaks in woodland whose understorey is 4'+ brambles and fallen trees/branches. I was dragging brush out for later chipping or stacking bigger stuff for habitat all in the brambles.

They might be fine then, I've mainly been in spruce plantation dealing with windblown, brambles as you'd guess, exposed roots, holes full of peaty water etc, not a walk in the park either :001_smile:

I have them, about 6 months now. Decided to give them a go after my meindl airstreams gave up their faithful service after 2 years and went to boot heaven.

Im happy with them. The clip on ascender isn't as gimmicky as I thought it might be, nice and quick to clip on and off, in the tree aswell. The boots themselves are comfortable, not too hot, quick to tie up, waterproof so far. Ok, have to be fair, they aren't as comfy as the meindls (they are like wearing thick socks), but the quick-steps are comfy enough, nothing to complain about.

I would say I would get them again, i'm that happy with them, but then I saw the NEW meindl airsteams, and changed my mind. I'm getting those next.... 😀

I can recommend them. Them or the meindls.

👍

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Arbtalk mobile app

When you say New Airstreams, what do you mean?

Have they been redesigned or something?

Any info?

Thanks for the Andrew Quickstep comments.:thumbup1:

I have a pair of Stein werewolfs which look really good but so uncomfortable for me - can only wear for 2 hours max - they will be going on ebay!