What 2 Stroke?

smithers1603

I dont spend much time on a saw these days Stubbs but I do keep a couple of those one shots in the truck for emergencies, our normal mix is 25/1 but cant say I have noticed the smoke difference on the odd occasion I have used the one shot. Just for the hell of it and not to be outdone by JB I am going to try that asprin fuel you lot keep going on about ( in secret )

Bob :)

It stops you getting headaches.

Was thinking more of the saw that travels with me and only gets used once in a while to trim up the timber trailer or cut the tractor out, stale fuel and all that.

Bob

Sorry Bob , I made a poor attempt at a joke with your reference to Asprin fuel.

Not much in it though as a percentage Stubbs. 96% fuel @ 25/1 and 98%fuel @50/1 which is probably why Stihl err on the side of caution when using non Stihl oil. In my opinion at 25/1 its still diluted to the point of being insignificant.

Bob

Surely if you are mixing your own at 50:1 you are using up 50% less oil than at 25:1 ....there's a saving :biggrin:

What's wrong with using a bog standard 2 stroke oil, as used in motor cycles or outbound engines?

Sent from my G7-L01 using Arbtalk mobile app

Absolutely everything :thumbdown:

Why is that? I assumed if the oil met or exceeded the JASO rating recommended by the saw manufacturer it would be fine, is that not so?

FWIW I use Oregon 2 stroke in all my saws (Echo) and pruner, trimmer & leaf blower (Timberpro) all running 50:1 although Timberpro say to use 40:1.