Is this just an exercise in spending money?

Starscream

Having watched this video I can't help but notice the amount of hardware that totals a small fortune just seems, well, unnecessary. What was wrong with dropping the branches, or lowering them, and have the ground staff drag them round the house.

This seemed time consuming and expensive. Has anyone implemented this type of setup or is this video just an advert for DMM?

its a slow video for advertising kit, I do the same with a £100 rope and twenty old carabiners and home made slings, I don't have a return line, I just cut and zip.

Zip lining is very efficient and much quicker than dragging brash, personally I wouldn't be doing it over that house as it's adds risk and the drag is easy, or take a chipper to the tree.

This is an advert and the lads have done a good job. If we could price every job tomhave trained guys work like this it would be great and some companies do with some high end customers, most just have a climber and 2 labourers who can fill a saw and lift heavy things but each to their own.

Maybe so, maybe no.

I do think they struggle to think of new stuff.

Could you have dismantled that tree without the plethora of crabs, rigging hub, 2 pinto pulleys, prussiks for tensioning plus more pulleys, loads of rope and a blooming impact block? Or could you have prob got away with a 50kn pulley, a Lyon tape sling, rope and a strong groundie?

As an advert it certainly worked on me, I this saw some months back and next time I was in Seddons went an bought one of those impact blocks...

Not even used it yet..... still, it looks the dogs B******s I even bought one those Captain Hooks, somethin else I haven't had the pleasure of usin yet....

As an advert it certainly worked on me, I this saw some months back and next time I was in Seddons went an bought one of those impact blocks...

Not even used it yet..... still, it looks the dogs B******s I even bought one those Captain Hooks, somethin else I haven't had the pleasure of usin yet....

So let's confirm a suspicion of mine.

You have all the gear... (Am I right so far?)

i think it was meant as an instructional /demo video, iam guessing time wasnt a factor here.

probably would of been easier and quicker to drop it all and drag round the house but the result would of made a pretty poor "speedline" video!! lol.