• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the really important issues are getting overlooked and somewhat lost in this thread...just how hot is the First Lady!?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Ever thought of being a politician, Steve?

Obviously you've the ability to cut through all the irrelevant issues and identify the critical point in the topic.:thumbup1:

Do you think the traditional politicians have done a particularly good job? It was traditional politicians that got us involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. How many US/ British servicemen died there? Tens of thousands? How many civilians died in Iraq and Afghanistan? Millions? Did our involvement in these countries improve them?

Areas like Detroit are economic disasters because the car manufacturers moved to Mexico. It was traditional politicians that signed the trade deals that allowed the car manufacturers to move to Mexico.

Whenever Islamic State commit a terrorist attack it's traditional politicians that lie to the electorate saying that the attacks have nothing to do with Islam.

You say "populist" like it's a bad thing. The main duty of a politician is to look after the interests of their electorate. However traditional politicians seem to ignore that and invite third world migrants to the West.

You Liberals could have had adult conversations about things that concerned the electorate. However you decided to shout down debate with the cry of "racist" and "bigot". It's people like you that have forced people to vote for the likes of Trump.

Obama has done a huge amount to revitalise the American car industry ($62 billion stimulus package). Refer to Marcus's post regarding the Unions. And the fact that until recently they made poor quality cars.

Populism is a bad thing. What is best for the electorate isn't exactly what the electorate want. I want someone more intelligent than me representing me on a local, national and international level. I will pay attention to their policies, and choose my candidate accordingly. However I don't want a say regarding every aspect of governance, and I expect my politician to represent me fairly using the advice and guidance of respected experts. Populism is the opposite of this. A populist candidate like Trump is only capable of producing meaningless soundbites. He's scarcely able to complete a sentence - he makes George W Bush sound like Shakespeare. He espouses populist (thinly disguised prejudicial) policies whilst constantly deriding the views of people qualified in any field (what do the CIA know about intelligence? What do the press know about reporting? What does the EPA know about the environment? They are all obviously just out to get him).

The next 4 years is going to be a disaster. It's not even like hoping that Trump has a heart attack will remedy the situation as Mike Pence is just as bad (though in an entirely different, and fundamentalist Christian kind of way).

Hopefully this experiment with right wing populist politics (Trump and Brexit) doesn't last long. The only way to describe it is regressive. That being said, with the apparent rise of what can only be described as Idiocracy, I don't hold out much hope.

I read somewhere they are working on a new reactor technology that will replace hydrocarbon and nuclear (after we exhaust the earth's reserves of coal and uranium). Apparently its a cold fusion reaction of progressive butthurt and liberal tears that equals nuclear in heat output. Sustainable power for the next few centuries, at least.

I read somewhere they are working on a new reactor technology that will replace hydrocarbon and nuclear (after we exhaust the earth's reserves of coal and uranium). Apparently its a cold fusion reaction of progressive butthurt and liberal tears that equals nuclear in heat output. Sustainable power for the next few centuries, at least.

Now there's a man with an appropriate sense of humour AND a keen grasp of sustainable energy production!

👍😂👍

The next 4 years is going to be a disaster. It's not even like hoping that Trump has a heart attack will remedy the situation as Mike Pence is just as bad (though in an entirely different, and fundamentalist Christian kind of way).

Hopefully this experiment with right wing populist politics (Trump and Brexit) doesn't last long. The only way to describe it is regressive. That being said, with the apparent rise of what can only be described as Idiocracy, I don't hold out much hope.

I totally disagree, I think Trumps gonna do well... Obviously he's gonna make a monkey out of himself here an there but I think when his Presidency is over people will look back fondly on it..

The PC liberal cowards of our age need someone to knock some sense into them... Trumps the man to do it....

Once our political class get back on message, after Trumps shamed them to the errors of their ways, then we can get back to the mundane things in life and not be to concerned about who's in the White House, or sat twiddling their thumbs in Downing Street....