Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

Just to clarify. Genetic mutations are random occurances. Natural Selection, the driver of evolution, which has created all the natural diversity and complexity on our world is the exact opposite of random accident.

It is very wrong to suggest that Darwinism and Creationism are "equally implausible" beliefs. The evidence that complex lifeforms evolved from the simplest of origins is overwhelming and should be beyond refute.

There is no credible evidence whatsoever to support the existence of a divine creator.

It is an affront to intellectual honesty to suggest that both theories carry the same weight.

Not looking to start an argument as this is rather off topic. Just couldn't let this one go uncorrected.

:001_smile:

Here we go again 😊. I wondered when you would show up!

Darwins finch's beaks! Micro evolution maybe, but there is scant if any evidence of macro evolution.

Even if there were, when are you lot going to finally create something from nothing in a lab? Then we can all get some much needed rest!

Missed the banter VI

👍

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many countries, other than Israel, require genetic testing to attain full citizenship rights?

http://jlb.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2015/06/16/jlb.lsv027.full

Seems a bit peculiar, possibly even racist IMO.

Jomoco

Maybe brexit will adopt something along those lines, we've got to start somewhere, so why not here?

Because it's tangible proof of racism, if it is indeed a state policy being enforced.

Bibi n Trump will be great pals, but not in a good way for Israelis, or Americans I fear.....

Jomoco

Oh right! Is racism not a " good thing" now?

Thought that was the path now?

I knew you were yankin my chain Mull, just to be clear.

I'm not entirely convinced yet that Israel has any such policy being enforced.

Though I've no doubt Bibi'd be all for it....

I kinda doubt the rabid zionists are anywhere close to a majority party in Israel, anymore than the tea party's anywhere close to being so here.

And that's a good thing IMHO.

Jomoco

Here we go again 😊. I wondered when you would show up!

Darwins finch's beaks! Micro evolution maybe, but there is scant if any evidence of macro evolution.

Even if there were, when are you lot going to finally create something from nothing in a lab? Then we can all get some much needed rest!

Missed the banter VI

👍

All evolution is micro Ti, tiny changes over huge amounts of time result in big changes.

Look at the variety created within the dog species through selection in a few hundred years. Natural selection has had nearly 4 billion years to work its 'magic'. This is a very, very, very long time

It is important to remember that over 99% of the species that have existed on our planet are now extinct. All the species that link us to our common ancestor with living apes for example are no longer around, giving the appearance of an unbridgeable gap.

We don't yet know how something came from nothing, but physicists are getting close to working it out. There is no need to fill the gaps in our understanding with myth.

Quite happy to continue the discussion, but we should probably start a new thread.

I knew you were yankin my chain Mull, just to be clear.

I'm not entirely convinced yet that Israel has any such policy being enforced.

Though I've no doubt Bibi'd be all for it....

I kinda doubt the rabid zionists are anywhere close to a majority party in Israel, anymore than the tea party's anywhere close to being so here.

And that's a good thing IMHO.

Jomoco

I have no idea what any of this is about!!!

Politics and religion are very similar, but if you had told me six months ago that Britain would pull out of Europe and Milania Trump would be the First Lady of America, I'd have said that was unlikely to say the least. I can't help feeling the end of the world is closer than ever😳😆😆😆😆

All evolution is micro Ti, tiny changes over huge amounts of time result in big changes.

Look at the variety created within the dog species through selection in a few hundred years. Natural selection has had nearly 4 billion years to work its 'magic'. This is a very, very, very long time

It is important to remember that over 99% of the species that have existed on our planet are now extinct. All the species that link us to our common ancestor with living apes for example are no longer around, giving the appearance of an unbridgeable gap.

We don't yet know how something came from nothing, but physicists are getting close to working it out. There is no need to fill the gaps in our understanding with myth.

Quite happy to continue the discussion, but we should probably start a new thread.

Prefer to meet up one day. I can't type quick enough for this one 👍😊

What I will say though, is that science has not been able to categorically eliminate the possibility of a creative intelligence. So in my humble opinion it is bad science to completely rule out the possibility.

I will agree to disagree with you VI. Besides...

My battery is nearly gone.

👍

I have no idea what any of this is about!!!

Politics and religion are very similar, but if you had told me six months ago that Britain would pull out of Europe and Milania Trump would be the First Lady of America, I'd have said that was unlikely to say the least. I can't help feeling the end of the world is closer than ever😳😆😆😆😆

If I'd told you a few months ago that Leicester City would win the Premeirship, the UK would vote Brexit, and Trump would be President elect, and you'd had a five pound treble at the bookies you be between £12, and £15 Million pound richer. Unfortunatley I overlooked 2 of the three.

Prefer to meet up one day. I can't type quick enough for this one 👍😊

What I will say though, is that science has not been able to categorically eliminate the possibility of a creative intelligence. So in my humble opinion it is bad science to completely rule out the possibility.

I will agree to disagree with you VI. Besides...

My battery is nearly gone.

👍

Agreed. Science is not able to say there is no God, but in exactly the same way that it is not able to say that there are no unicorns.

I am not saying categorically that there is no God. I lack the belief in one, (or any of the many) simply because there is no verifiable evidence that any of them exist and the religious doctrines from which faith is derived are literally unbelievable in my opinion. Science is steadily eroding away the tenets of religious faith, and I agree with Big J that eventually it will become redundant.

Would be great to meet up. The work you do sounds fascinating and must be hugely rewarding. I'd love to learn more about it. I'm sure the model would transfer well to woodland management, if I had the balls to set it up!