The Daily Mail, Is there a worse paper?

Mick Dempsey

I do like to read/watch the news but I certainly dont have a favourite or despise any particular thing. How do you describe one brand of news against another? Its not a paper or a tv channel so what is it? :001_huh:

Anyway, the only people I really laugh at is those who say that they dont read the news any only 'sheeple' do, in fact anyone who says 'sheeple' out loud should have there sandals boiled in chilli oil while they sleep.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infowars is gaining massive traction in the states now - turns out all the "crazy conspiracy theories" about Washington corruption were actually true! I always used to dismiss the alt-media as kooks but not any more.

Just had to edit this - there is a whole new generation of independent investigative citizen journalists coming up, they're not all polished, but they are passionate. Just got to post this - undercover guy poses as a "potential donor" to a group that pays people to show up at political rallies and start trouble. Give it a chance - its absolutely shocking.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Haironyourchest

Info wars is for crackpots. How come l these websites find out the 'truth'? It's the same with the 9/11 conspiracy as well.

Tbh, once upon a time I used to believe what the mainstream media said. Now I'm a lot more sceptical, some things that made me change my mind are:

1. We went to war in Iraq based on a load of lies. If they are willing to lie about that they will lie about most things.

2. The Rotherham sexual abuse scandal was ignored for decades. If media are prepared to ignore widespread sexual abuse of children for political correctness they will lie about other things.

3. German police/ media lied about the Cologne sexual attacks. The Cologne police first reported New Years Eve as being "uneventful".it was only social media that exposed the attacks. The German state broadcaster issued an apology for trying to hide this story.

4. The BBC say that a group called "Islamic State" has nothing to do with Islam.

5. The media still use a report that is widely discredited to "prove" that migrants economically benefit the UK.

6. The media constantly talk about How bad the Russians are in Syria (ffs, they are ripping IS a new arse - surely a good thing) while ignoring what our ally (Saudi Arabia) is doing in Yemen.

No problem with being skeptical with the mainstream media but believing websites like infowar is hardly better. The Russians in syria are mainly targeting civilians like they did in chechnya. And yes the Saudis are scum as well for doing the same.

"At least it's reassuring to know that there is nothing nasty going on in the world if scary hornets make the headlines."

the main stream media is largely controlled by an elite few who have, more or less, the same agenda as our superior governors in parliament, i.e., power and control. the media is filtered to keep their positions safe and profitable. social media, such as facebook, etc, although the spin maybe biased, at least, lets us know that other events, good or bad are happening out there in the world, and it then gives us the opportunity to ask questions.

No problem with being skeptical with the mainstream media but believing websites like infowar is hardly better. The Russians in syria are mainly targeting civilians like they did in chechnya. And yes the Saudis are scum as well for doing the same.

So how do you target Islamic State without killing citizens? The Russians are doing nothing different to what we did in WW2 when we bombed German cities.

What I have against the media is that they are spouting anti Assad propoganda. We removed Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi and now Iraq and Libya are complete disasters. Yet the media paint a picture that we have to remove Assad before Syria improves? Have we not learned that removing Middle East dictators does not work?

Then when the Russians sail their battle fleet through the English Channel the media getting their knickers in a twist. ffs, that battle group is away to fight IS. We should be cheering them as they sail past.

So how do you target Islamic State without killing citizens? The Russians are doing nothing different to what we did in WW2 when we bombed German cities.

What I have against the media is that they are spouting anti Assad propoganda. We removed Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi and now Iraq and Libya are complete disasters. Yet the media paint a picture that we have to remove Assad before Syria improves? Have we not learned that removing Middle East dictators does not work?

Then when the Russians sail their battle fleet through the English Channel the media getting their knickers in a twist. ffs, that battle group is away to fight IS. We should be cheering them as they sail past.

Assad, Saddam et al were / are moderate with the benefit of hindsight.

Oh dear..............................

Thing is, its hard to know when to take off the tin-foil hat. I grew up surrounded by "Twoofers" of all stripes and became immunised to bullshit at an early age, simple observation of the people who believed all the conspiracy stuff hook line and sinker - chemtrails you name it - and the reality of their shambles of a life.

But one can become allergic to truth as well, dismissing everything as bullshit out of hand without investigating further. When it comes to Roswell, fake moon landing, chemtrails etc Im of the opinion "Who cares?" - we can speculate all we like but until there is real solid evidence its just fariytales. And even if some of it is true, so what?

But when we're talking about the criminal conspiracies in political circles its different. These things affect our real lives in a real way, are provable, punishable and need to be addressed - and the MSM is most certainly not addressing the issues.