Tool Theft

jollins

Yep, we caught them on cctv stealing our saws from site, full reg plate of vehicle clear footage and their faces as they left site, they were even known to police for previous offences.

They searched their premises found no saws so didn't bother to push for a prosecution.

Makes me sick, but you just got to not let it get you down and move on.

We recently had an item of plant stolen from site and the police have not even bothered to turn up.

A friend of mine followed the scrote that had stolen his kit, got the Police there who found said stolen kit in the back of the thief's wagon and the CPS said it was circumstantial. :confused1:

A friend of mine followed the scrote that had stolen his kit, got the Police there who found said stolen kit in the back of the thief's wagon and the CPS said it was circumstantial. :confused1:

Someone I know had their saws stolen from a jobsite followed the van back to a 'caravan site' called the police and told them which caravan they were in the police who were too scared to go in!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It's sickening but being honest, hardworking and decent generally means you lose out when those that aren't take from you or chose not to pay for services rendered. The bureaucracy and effort required to bring people to account for their wrongs disadvantages the honest. I'm not suggesting frontier justice but a justice system which is terrified of being slightly wrong to the accused but not at all bothered about being thoroughly unsupportive and bang out of order to the accuser is blood boiling and wrong!

Sorry rant over but it gets my goat!

Sorry to hear you've had you're hard earned tools stolen and will now enjoy higher insurance premiums as a reward.

So sorry to hear of yet another working man's kit being snatched , and the police seemingly unwilling to follow up.

A slightly more cheering event happened this week as I bought my new secondhand sawmill from Pembroke to Ireland. For the first time in 16 years I was stopped at the port and asked to show evidence of purchase. I was expecting it to be for customs so they could try to rip some tax or vat off me, but no it was to check on stolen equipment coming into ireland. The only proof I had was a chain of emails, but that was enough. Perhaps with other more frequently stolen large equipment I guess they'd take a look at serial numbers - one can only hope.

Shaun

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Arbtalk mobile app

haha funny story, my uncle was looking for a truck . I found a truck on donedeal, it turned out to be in charleville, I went with my father and uncle, once we got to the town, we followed the sellers recovery truck noticed the seller had curly hair hmm, thats grand, eventually we see a young traveler racing a little pony up and down the road, a little odd, kept going and ended up inside being closed inside a yard by a large gate, not camp as there was no caravans. His boys were using a powerwasher to clean the horses and there was a burn pit

the Traveler was very honest about the flaws of the truck and told us of all the problems. He had a beautiful Palomino Horse and he turned out to be a very honest gentleman, but at the time it was a bit intimidating. So not all Pavee's are bad.

I know that that was just one experience and that some pavees's are thieves but dont paint them all with the same brush

Yep, we caught them on cctv stealing our saws from site, full reg plate of vehicle clear footage and their faces as they left site, they were even known to police for previous offences.

They searched their premises found no saws so didn't bother to push for a prosecution.

Makes me sick, but you just got to not let it get you down and move on.

We recently had an item of plant stolen from site and the police have not even bothered to turn up.

Though if they get caught red handed and receive a beating, you'll get frogmarched to court faster then you'd think possible. Crackpot legal system, we should be allowed to open fire with a 12 bore, in the US a judge would say "too bad for the perpetrator"