Small tele handler new jcb or manitou ?

gensetsteve

I know I asked a similar question about 2 years ago. I know I need to get something bought before our trusty 525 leaves me high and dry. I need about 2.5 - 3 tonne lift. Any opinions on the late stuff. New stuff seems expensive and electronic. We won't work it to death probably less than 5 hours a week but sick of old stuff. Old tele handlers seem to hold there money and look totally knackered after 10 years on a farm.

What are the Kramer loaders like? The other stuff from the same stable seems quality and able.....

They look very good but the ones I have seen are about 25 k second hand and lift under 1500kg. They are probably more reliable than the yellow or red stuff. The other thing in my mind is we will run low hours and possibly keep for 20 years so needs to be popular to keep the spares around In years to come.

Hi we have a manitou 2600 /626 1989 old yes but has very little modern gizmos to go wrong and always starts no matter how cold plus now it's worth more than we paid for it about 5 years ago.I know of a brand new jcb 1000 hrs on clock and the boom is hitting the cab due to worn bushes already.

I know I asked a similar question about 2 years ago. I know I need to get something bought before our trusty 525 leaves me high and dry. I need about 2.5 - 3 tonne lift. Any opinions on the late stuff. New stuff seems expensive and electronic. We won't work it to death probably less than 5 hours a week but sick of old stuff. Old tele handlers seem to hold there money and look totally knackered after 10 years on a farm.

Hi Steve how about one off a site mate can I ask what your budget is I know our local builder paid about 25 to 30,000 but you do what to that for 5 hrs work per week can ask why does have lift 3tonne how about a fork lift on the rear links on tractor may work for you thanks Jon

The jcbs hold their value for good reason. Our 530 has been worked very hard for most of its 13 years and 6000 hours. We service it now and then but it has almost been trouble free. Battery, joystick micro switches, and injector pump diaphragm. 524 has been good so far but only a few years old never cold but does the easier work. How old is your 525 and how many hours?

had 20 years of using them on farms we have had merlo,manito,kat,and jcb

merlo was good (had 2 of them) but were a bitch to fix when things started to go wrong

manito was my favorit in every area by far (had 4 of them over the years)

kat was very over rated but could do what we needed(had 1)

jcb bas the biggest over rated pile of crap i have ever driven had one and swore we would never get another then 10 years later decided to give them another go and what a mistake that was! i would say poor in nearly every area

The latest generation of jcbs are plastic lightweight junk

honestly steer very clear of the new ones

They are so light and plasticy and generally badly desighmed with cheap components imo

would rather a class scorpion/kramer or a merlo of the new ones ive driven

although do want to try schaffe and weiderman they look very nice but havnt driven them

Lots of really useful feedback thanks. I had heard jcb after 2007 is a bit poor. I was looking at that little 527 they do but not sure if I trust my self with a tonne raised in the air and heavy right foot. I need to pick up 2.5 tonne packs of reject timber and some chunky old generators a 3 tonne machine lifts most of the sets we get in some are 5-10 tonnes then we just get a big hiab operator in as there is money built in to the job. On the other hand I have dozens of bulk bags to zip about with and less than 300 kilos in them.

I have looked at spending up to 10 k but machines are old and clumsy. I looked at spending 16 k but still tired stuff. So thought 26k and be done with it and get something tidy we can look after that should see me out to retirement.