Home made fid.

High Scale

Thanks for the email Bob, I thought I would show all on the forum the fid I made with piano wire that I purchased from a local model shop.

I cut tape at an angle to tape the cover to the fid, It has not caught like the old coat hanger fid I made, I have tried doubling over the wire but with little success.

DSC00068.jpg.3415969d7039575d76adce260adc96c9.jpg

DSC00067.jpg.ab7755f8abdaa73eed7010a52020b60e.jpg

DSC00066.jpg.e523b41bfb4db99894aee3ab5e6e3fd7.jpg

Looks nice, does the loop not get snagged on any strands as you pull it back out?

Strangely no, I tape it real tight.

Jason, everybody knows you use a brick strap,tie thingy.

Well, depending on make or model of car, levering the door out works well also, as you know.

Did you not here of the AA man using a slider to unlock a car which a lady had locked her self out of.

He was stood over the slider trying to see down the gap between window and door skin, when all of a sudden he triggered the side airbag system which sent the slider up through his jaw and out the top of his head killing him instantly.

Just thought I'd share that with you incase anyone does a bit of moonlighting knicking cars.

Did you not here of the AA man using a slider to unlock a car which a lady had locked her self out of.

He was stood over the slider trying to see down the gap between window and door skin, when all of a sudden he triggered the side airbag system which sent the slider up through his jaw and out the top of his head killing him instantly.

Just thought I'd share that with you incase anyone does a bit of moonlighting knicking cars.

they tested that on mythbusters on the discovery channel, proved it wouldn't happen because of air bag position in the car, mind u i suppose every car manufacturer is different and there is always a possibility :confused1: