Treemotion lifespan

Gray git

My current harness is a 2011 harness, as the title says how many years do you get before required to replace the whole thing?

Just asking as if any1 has the a good harness deal on tomorrow might get a newn.

Cheers.

My current harness is a 2011 harness, as the title says how many years do you get before required to replace the whole thing?

Just asking as if any1 has the a good harness deal on tomorrow might get a newn.

Cheers.

The manual I've got says upto 5 years from date of production (obviously depends on condition, usage etc etc

Lost count of how many bridges it's had now, nowt to do with impressing just not getting court out by not passing lola exam or a particularly observant site inspection spotting it.

Hate new harnesses as they never fit like the old 1, just had a good look at it and a bit of fraying in places but ok, if there's a saving to be had I'll think about it if not I'll get 1 early next year.

Upto 5 years is the guide, I've got a 2012 one that looks nearly new as I don't use it much as I have a harness (don blair) for work and so the tree motion comes out for my own little jobs. In the eyes of the law/legislation you have to follow what the manufactures say but in reality the harness may be suitable for many more years but if something were to happen then there could be trouble from and employer/employee point of view. For the sake of £300 or £5 a month maybe worth replacing but IME there aren't normally that many deals at the AA

From what I've seen they seem to last really well.

So many replaceable bits I'd say they could last far longer than 5 years (Triggers broom anyone?!).

I've had my Sequoia since they came out (7 years?) and have no intention of replacing it, although I swap the bridge out from time to time.

I'm not being obtuse, I just refuse to spend cash just because some suit has decreed my harness will explode on a certain date.

Supplying to employees is different, I'd reluctantly have to toe the line then.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

From what I've seen they seem to last really well.

So many replaceable bits I'd say they could last far longer than 5 years (Triggers broom anyone?!).

I've had my Sequoia since they came out (7 years?) and have no intention of replacing it, although I swap the bridge out from time to time.

I'm not being obtuse, I just refuse to spend cash just because some suit has decreed my harness will explode on a certain date.

Supplying to employees is different, I'd reluctantly have to toe the line then.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

My mate is still climbing on a Willans that he had 20 years ago :biggrin:

My business, my harness so my choice I guess. Kinda think the same as you mark, some things I use are far beyond the self district date but look absolutely fine outer stuff like lanyards are lucky to last 18month never mind 5 years.

I've got an adjustable bridge on mine so easy to swap out and just use 10mm line so that's not a problem.