Haix Tibet Forest vs Protector Pro (for forestry use)

TimberCutterDartmoor

I've had a pair of Protector Pro's for nearly 2 years and they are great for uneven ground as they offer a lot of ankle support. The main problem I've had was a lump appearing next to where my big toe sits in the boot which was easily dealt with by pushing it out of the way. The sole started to split on one boot recently but it was a cheap repair with some glue. :001_smile:

I've never had the protector pros, but the Tibets have been great. Current pair are about ready for replacing and have had a couple f years full time use on them. Still wearable but tread has about worn away and they leak now.

They have a proper Vibram sole, which looks to have a better tread pattern for out in the woods especially if bank sides make up a chunk of your work.

They're a bit clunky to start with but I've always found they bed in nice and are dead comfy.

Only vehicle I struggle to drive in them is wife's Jimny as they are too big to fit the pedals unless you're really concentrating.

I'll more than likely be going for another set shortly.

i have only had the pro's and I will probably buy the same when i replace these (they were like slippers out of the box), very comfortable and ideal for in deep mud or watery sites as they are very tall (which was my main criteria) and supportive.

I've had both and they are great when new, but both have had the problem with material shifting inside near the little toe and rendering them unwearable.

3 pairs of Tibets and 1 pair of Pros, 2001-2009.

Pfanner Tirols May 2009 - today, only just nicely broken in, still on the original soles, loads of life in them yet.

You pays your money ..... :001_smile:

Pro protectors are hit and miss lately I had a pair that sole separated in six month.Comfy from box waterproofing great but soles were bald and hanging off in under a year.My advice would be go for kilma air Tirol fighters or whatever name they are.With good bit beeswax on they have never faile me in heavy downpours yet,and are as tough as tanks.Much lighter and more breathable than haix plenty support,lacing system pulls tighter and the soles are still brand new looking,they refuse to wear down!