Industry advert

Pete Mctree

I don't know what would quantify "good" tbh Pete.

I think it's an honest open account of what a realistic slice of the industry looks like, that with due respect to Mr Emery, may be placed somewhere above average to good on the quality scale.

Sure there's gonna be lots of little things to pick at, (like the climbing lid on the chipper feeders head & the shock loading of the rigging) but I guess it's not been produced as a training video, more of an industry snap shot.

Hats off to those willing to put their rep on the line in an item, of which no doubt, will be a well aired piece of media.

Good post Pete, thought provoking :thumbup1:

I did something similar for a Carreers information firm

They gave me a copy of the finished dvd but you cant "rip" it so cant post the vid, but there's always something you can pick up on or were "not proud of that bit"

Spent a good 1 and a half hours filming to be edited down to about 3 minutes

I did something similar for a Carreers information firm

They gave me a copy of the finished dvd but you cant "rip" it so cant post the vid, but there's always something you can pick up on or were "not proud of that bit"

Spent a good 1 and a half hours filming to be edited down to about 3 minutes

Try the trial version of this program, should rip any dvd.

SlySoft Download | AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, GameJackal, Any DVD, Clone DVD, Clone CD, Game Jackal

I thought that was a nice simple over view

tbh we can all pull fault with some parts of any video there is.

2 main things came to my mind as it was done for lantra

1 I think the choice of tree could of been better I think that many would have suggested a mewp for a dead tree like that

2 I would of expected to have seen spikes on the climbers feet

could nit pick but don't think this should be a critical thread again:biggrin:

I though that as a glimpse of what tree work is for someone who has no idea what it involves and purely for careers guidance, it was quite good.

The choice of a tree in such a state of decline, in some ways made it more obvious to people quite how dangerous this job can be.

I agree about the spikes though. Why would you opt to do any dismantle without them? Never mind a tree with a canopy as unsound as that.