Can you shed some light

jamesivor

Hi all I'm just after a bit of a chat and any help if poss I'm from Canterbury in Kent I've worked most my life in the tree surgery world all aspects of it I'm 29 I started when I was 16 trying to get a decent job with a good company now over the years I've worked with a lot of company's in my area and every time I end up being binned off for some joey with no clue in what's going on . Now I have my cs30 but have been using chainsaws since the age of 14 I work hard I'm polite always on time try and learn as much as possible from

The climbers and any one els on the firm with knowledge to share I've even done a days graft and then stayed behind until 9-10pm just to help get the log orders ready for the next day with no overtime pay but I still always seem to get binned off to be honest it's actually killing my love for the job

Get some more tickets - if you have been doing it for all you life you havent got the tickets you should have. No ones going to take you very seriously until have got atleast cs31, 38 & 39. Sounds like you have the experience but just need to consolidate your CV. Why not join the Arb Association? you will learn a lot, keep up to date with changes in the industry and it will look great on your CV as shows you are taking a proffessional interest in your career.

Maybe re-word your opening gambit.

Saying you have worked for a lot of companies in the area and keep getting binned off is not a ringing endorsement.

What do YOU want to happen (something you can instigate rather than a potential benefactor)?

Get more tickets , don't say you have been binned of left right and centre , just say how many years you have been bending your back . When you say I keep getting binned of people will start to think there must be a reason ..............