First attempts so go easy :)

Coletti

So it was Sunday morning and its a lovely day so I thought I'd post my self a shandy and have a go at carving and 2hrs later I have 2 mushrooms and a stool :), considering I've never done any I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out :). So what do you guys think? And would you usually leave a ring of bark around the mushrooms or take it off?ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367756909.577587.jpg.326ab6ab8fa14385b9f81bac6de11ec1.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367756898.038436.jpg.e1dfeddbd349129b2da3bb4645896788.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367756888.196562.jpg.9371dbb5726e9e17a35db8b9c99d62cf.jpg

im a fan of leaving the bark on it jus adds a bit more texture otherwise they need to be sanded smooth and thats a pain in the arse to keep doing. and make sure you dont get the stool and the shroom on the left mixed up as the result might be painful.

I would get that grass cut first mate.:sneaky2:

Try different types to see what you prefer doing. It's great cos there are no rules.

At the moment i'm taking all bark off.

Good form and love the stool. :thumbup:

They Look very good .... especially if you did them in a couple of hours !!! My experience is the bark will probably come off in the long run ... depends how long your timber has been down and where its been since. (Wish my grass looked that healthy!!!):001_smile:

Thanks for the compliments guys, shall see how I feel about the bark in future then but for the moment it's staying I think. I shall keep at it and I'm sure there will be more to come in future :). Thoroughly enjoyed doing these few :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App