Anyone travelling from Aberdeen to Somerset empty?

Tree Man Tom

I need to pick up a chaise lounge from Aberdeen, and bring it home to Somerset.

Looked at various options, need to hire a van for it regardless. Looked up flying there, hiring van and driving back, or just hire a van and drive there and back, its about 1200mile round trip. Gonna cost between £400/500 quid whatever I do.

Is anyone returning empty that could pick it up for me? I know its a long shot but worth a try!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Can't you get it whacked on a pallet, upright of course, even boxed on a pallet, and get it shipped that way... just a thought.

Tried that, it would have to be an oversized item which costs more, and shall we say its a little bit valuable so reluctant to stick it on a pallet with a bit of clingfilm ;)

as jon says a double sized pallet!

and pay for the insurance so if anything did happen to it your covered!!!

i send a lot of things on pallets & have never had anything damaged!!!

Just make sure their insurance will cover the item.

I sent a cooker to the lakes somewhere, well wrapped up, steel-strapped to a pallet. When they unwrapped it at the other end, it was scraped and dented beyond belief, they'd dropped it more than once!

Contacted the couriers, who then blatantly told mr this could have never happened as "they don't carry cookers, it's against company policy" :confused:

I need to pick up a chaise lounge from Aberdeen, and bring it home to Somerset.

Looked at various options, need to hire a van for it regardless. Looked up flying there, hiring van and driving back, or just hire a van and drive there and back, its about 1200mile round trip. Gonna cost between £400/500 quid whatever I do.

Is anyone returning empty that could pick it up for me? I know its a long shot but worth a try!

Speak to this man I use him all the time. He's a man and van courier very very good service and very reasonable

Steve spt transport 07812 144589

Have you tried TNT, cheaper through Interparcel? I've shipped some ridiculous stuff with them, including a 3m long lintel from the northern end of the Forth Bridge to Essex for under £30. Being TNT, I've found them a much more professional outfit than the 'man and van' type sites, some of which can take some of your money as an upfront booking fee and if the courier doesn't show, it's almost impossible to retrieve. TNT does a lot of business-to-business and hence maintains a decent reputation and has suitable insurance.

Alec

Edited by agg221