Good idea for a wine rack

Steve Bullman

Hi

Nice but you need to keep your whites a little cooler than room temperature - more suited to reds

We put white/rose wine bottles in a bucket of cold water for an hour before opening gets them about right as the fridge is too cold for all but Sauternes, Champaign & Sauvignon blanc.

N

The crafters on here could improve the design and hold more wine on it simply by doing away with the ironwork, drilling the appropriate sized holes into the stem and slotting the bottle in cork end first.

You could have holes on one side like a flag, two or three sides like dart flights, or in a spiral pattern around the stem - whatever takes your fancy.

Oh and 10% royalties on all sales can be paid to my account. Thanks.

The crafters on here could improve the design and hold more wine on it simply by doing away with the ironwork, drilling the appropriate sized holes into the stem and slotting the bottle in cork end first.

You could have holes on one side like a flag, two or three sides like dart flights, or in a spiral pattern around the stem - whatever takes your fancy.

Oh and 10% royalties on all sales can be paid to my account. Thanks.

There is a guy that does the local craft fairs that makes them just likr that. A decent sized one will run you to about 20 quid per hole, which seems ok money for what can't be more than an hours work

Only problem I can see is making sure it doesn't get knocked over, a job for wall fixing if ever I saw one😉