WARNING! Channel 4 Dispatches 8pm tonight (26/1/15) - Car Con

TimberCutterDartmoor

This program will no doubt make my blood boil so I'm ready to give Channel 4 some educated feedback and ready at the keyboard to write my counter-argument backed by 13+ years in the diesel research industry.

For now though, dont fall for the imminent media attack; the Gov did NOT push the "dash for diesel" !!!

so, when are they going to come out and tell the truth about the emission levels from petrol engines running on modern lead free, ethanol laden "clean " petrol.....the REAL NOX producers?.......once again the media pushing there biased ideals on the box watching sheeple

The best bit was the scandal of manufacturers mpg. Mrs has just got a new petrol Renault Captur which is returning just over half of the claimed 'urban cycle' mpg (on the first 7000 miles anyway). Very annoying. How can you make an informed decision to buy something matched to the task if the information provided is a pack of lies.

The only notes I could make quickly enough whilst watching it, talking to my better half and ignoring the 'phone!

Channel 4 26/01/2015 20:00 Dispatches; The Great Car Con – Diesel.

Dispatches says: “mpg ~22% less than official”

Me says: “so it is for petrol doh”

Dispatches says: “22 x PM; 4 x NOx”

Me says: Would channel 4 please quantify what proportion of those extra PMs are in the 3 size classes namely ultrafines <3(2.5) micron (PM3), mid PM5 micron and coarse PM10??? Huh?! Nah, didn’t think you could NOx; lifetime analysis, de-nox catalysts ??? DPF ? Lifecycle analysis of NOx please, not just tailpipe / local. It's what the NO does in the atmosphere / troposphere later that matters too...

Dispatches says: “official mpg figures…”

Me says: “absolutely no mention of gasoline powered vehicle official mpg figures”

Dispatches says: “Particulate matter…”

Me says: Asthma is initially worsened by PM 5s and smaller (emitted by petro and LPG) not PM10 from older compression ignition.

Dispatches says: “… Boris Johnson… wants to reduce NOx…!

Me says: So what you gonna do BJ? Go back to SI units chucking out H2S, CO, etc etc; completely unbalanced arguments…