Your Favourite Walk?

Tom D

Lets see some pictures of good spots around the country....

I took a walk along the cliffs today at Siccar Point, it was certainly bracing...

DSC00197.jpg.a8d21fc98b12db3253ba0d9c1ba516c7.jpg

Hutton's unconformity, where vertical greywacke is overtopped by horizontal strata of red sandstone. This led James Hutton to believe that it must have taken a long time for the vertical rocks to be eroded and then submerged and the sandstone deposited, much longer than the 4000 years suggested by the bible. And so geology was born....

DSC00193.jpg.d5954110b677447d11ff17c31f7e5282.jpg

DSC00198_2.jpg.9ddd6041d49d41639adeda1091c096ad.jpg

DSC00185.jpg.4be0e5086ae1b0aeef350b05ecf2403f.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mortimer forest in Herefordshire has to be the top of my list but as I'm a complete tool when it comes to IT I can't upload pics off me iphone and the internet driver on the vaio is broke.

Fair play Tom that's some breath taking senary how far is this from your home

I remember your yard been on the cliff tops by the sea

For me its got to be Glencoe in the Highlands, been there many times and never get fed up with it. So atmospheric to be hemmed in between moutains of 3500 ft on both sides. I hope to take my son there to do climb Bidean Nam Bean with me later this year as i did it on my first visit in 1988. Finest scenery in Britain.

For me its got to be Glencoe in the Highlands, been there many times and never get fed up with it. So atmospheric to be hemmed in between moutains of 3500 ft on both sides. I hope to take my son there to do climb Bidean Nam Bean with me later this year as i did it on my first visit in 1988. Finest scenery in Britain.

Hard to argue with that. Best Holiday of my life walking in Glencoe and then Sky.

Hope I have got my geography right with these two pics on or around Bidean Nam Bean. Went along the ridge and came down the lost valley. The pictures don't do it justice

CIMG2082.jpg.bb33b4895deed1a8ab9148449fdb7e6d.jpg

CIMG2079.jpg.731540b5b73f2a2d9ce58265109180a3.jpg

Edited by Woodworks