A second vehicle

prolinep

So I feel the time has come were I could do with a second vehicle at work something's the boys can take on the bigger jobs save me driving back and forward in the day to the tip site. At the moment I have a pick up and a 3.5t trailer but I was just wondering what people recommend for second vehicle. Maybe transit or something ?? Good to get other peoples opinions as I'm insure with what to get next.

A crew cab anything reduces the payload and it sounds as though you are wanting to maximise payload.

A 3.5t anything is pretty rubbish, unless you have tip sites close to your working area.

I know this because I have a 3.5t tipper but I've got many tip sites all over the place.

It's still a crap vehicle for the job though.:laugh1:

My plans are for me to take the truck and trailer to and the boys to take the van so I could take twice as much as way at the end of the day, but as people mentioned a tipper van just has a poor payload for tree work. Sounds like a lot of you get away with them though. Can I ask why some many of you side with Iveco over the transit ?? Is it just a better van or just a more commercial heavy duty van ??

A second vehicle for you will depend entirely upon what you need one for. For me, my second vehicle was a small van- cheaper and more convenient than the LDV for smaller jobs and running about.

Third vehicle is a motorcross bike- worth it's weight in gold on a lot of the work I do.

Get a 5.5-7.5t tipper and be done with it. More room for kit, more room/payload for chip, one tip off a day.

People are scared off by the extra cost initially (licenses, tacho, etc) but if you consider time/cost everyday doing extra trips to the dump and the risk of fines from VOSA/overloading it soon balances out.

My experience is every arb worker I meet is overloading on a regular basis - just get the right tool for the job. 3.5tonners are not cut out for arb work.