Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Employment If you have job vacancy, advertise here free of charge. Looking for work? post your request here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-07-12   #1 (permalink)

Free labour in exchange for experience

I am looking to build up my experience with a view to one day gaining employment in the Arb industry, as a result, I am offering free labour in exchange for a refference/industry experience.

33 years old, reliable, honest, hard grafter, good sense of humour.
Am happy dragging, stacking, chipping, shifting, cutting, spraying, you name it.
Studied at Myerscough where I gained a Foundation Degree in Ecology and Conservation Management, this included a year studying tree and woodland management with the Arb degree lads.
Got CS30, 31, 32, 38 and am doing 39 next month. Chipper ticket, PA1,6. Loads of ground experience, Lantra strimmer/brushcutter award, Cat B&E driving license (trailor towing). Advanced working at height cert, first aid cert, Own saw, PPE, climbing kit (LOLER ceritified).

I am also a Natural England, licensed bat worker. so if anybody needs any aerial bat surveys, give me a shout.

Work aroud the Cheshire/Merseyside/Lancashire area would be great, but again, I am flexible.

Ideally, I would like to build up my climbing experience, but will consider anything. Thanks for looking and if you need any more info, or can offer me anything, drop me a PM.

Cheers
Old 22-07-12   #2 (permalink)
Site Moderator, Raffle Sponsor 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

With your CV you should start your own business, if you want experience climbing, then go and climb a tree !
Go for it
Old 22-07-12   #3 (permalink)

Re: Free labour in exchange for experience

Man dont sell yourself short u have so much to give to get paid for like stephen said go climb a tree send out threads for rec climbs and get climbing exp from that
Go man go :-)
Old 22-07-12   #4 (permalink)

Location: in the bath...wondering where all the little bits of Leylandii are coming from...?!

good luck mate, but don't work for nothing...the right people will pay you something until your experience matches your quals..in the meantime, get in touch with your local wildlife trust, they will snap you up!
Old 22-07-12   #5 (permalink)

Cheers gents, I do a bit on the side, but am a bit scared to take the plunge and set up on my own.
Some of the jobs I have done I do look back at and think maybe I should have done that a bit differently, especially after lerning how to do things right on the courses, but we all have to start somewhere eh!

I just like to do things right and would like to learn proper techniques, but am finding it a challenge to get in with the right outfits.

I wont give up though! Once CS39 is done, I am thinking of doing the UA courses as there seems to be quite a bit of work out there.
Old 22-07-12   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011

Crikey, youll go far, dont sell yourself short.

I really hope someone on here gives you a leg up mate, if you was down here I would.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."~Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

"The acquisition of any knowledge is always of use to the intellect, because it may thus drive out useless things and retain the good. For nothing can be loved or hated unless it is first known".~Leonardo da Vinci

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes".~Nikola Tesla

my desire to enlighten, out of love of neighbour