Ring the bell

Triassic

Our site is a bit sprawling, so if I'm down the bottom of the yard I can't see people driving in and was wondering if anyone knows of any technology I could use to alert me to people driving or walking into the yard. At the moment we use a wireless front door bell, but that only works if someone presses the bell!

Get a wireless alarm system. Many of them have a function where an alarm can be set to 'doorbell' zone where the unit just makes a doorbell noise for that particular sensor..

Added benefit is extra security. About £250 for a setup that can text and ring you from a sim card if an alarm is triggered when the system is armed.

These beam alarms look like exactly what you want. They can be used the either trigger a bell or flashing light or even send a SMS message etc. Bit pricey at £230! There are others on eBay cheaper.

http://www.alarmsforfarms.com/active-solar-gateway-alarm-with-dialler-140-p.asp

http://www.alarmsforfarms.com/ekmps/shops/alarmsforfarms/resources/Other/gateway-alarms.pdf