New Harness, for occasional use so on a budget

drinksloe

Alright

I finally going to bite the bullet and buy a new harness, my old petz (navaho vario) is quite old now and to be fair has always been a pain to tighten properly.

The clasps/fasteners are real sticky to fasten/slacken.

I don;t do a lot of climbing now so looking for more a budget harness.

Looked at a newer petz today but the same fastening system which i'm not too keen on. 2 fasteners at either side, dunno if all petzl's fasten same way.

Are the speed fasteners ok and last or a while?

I'd possibly be worried they came undone when the harness is older but i quite like the idea off them.

Had a bit of a look online and sen a Kommet dragon fly, or a treehog, and still see the old willans harnesses that the boss used to supply for the employed boys are still being made.

Any recommendations or some to avoid?

The treehog was only £150 and seems to be a few about 200

Cheers

you can get the treehog ones well identical ones make by the company that supply arbortec / treehog for around 110 pound there called treeup available on the famous auction site and the site that's named after a jungle/ river got one myself comfortable only down side for near is only 3 small gear loops

Alright

I finally going to bite the bullet and buy a new harness, my old petz (navaho vario) is quite old now and to be fair has always been a pain to tighten properly.

The clasps/fasteners are real sticky to fasten/slacken.

I don;t do a lot of climbing now so looking for more a budget harness.

Looked at a newer petz today but the same fastening system which i'm not too keen on. 2 fasteners at either side, dunno if all petzl's fasten same way.

Are the speed fasteners ok and last or a while?

I'd possibly be worried they came undone when the harness is older but i quite like the idea off them.

Had a bit of a look online and sen a Kommet dragon fly, or a treehog, and still see the old willans harnesses that the boss used to supply for the employed boys are still being made.

Any recommendations or some to avoid?

The treehog was only £150 and seems to be a few about 200

Cheers

I have a komet butterfly harness as a back up to my treemotion,its a decent harness and at a couple of hundred quid id say reasonably priced.

I take it u all trust those speed opening clasp's? Esp a few years down the line.

U start having a look throu the websites and think a few extra quid would get me this or that. Esp when u get closer to the 200 mark.

I had a quick look on the auction site, but to be honest not sur ei'd trust it, seen a few mega cheap things from china and end of the day its the only thing stopping u from decking out so would rather spend a few exta quid if i had to.

Do u still get the old fashioned belt fastener harmesses, where like an old wieght lifters belt with leg loops? It looked a pretty robust harness that would last for years

I am also considering the treehog copies because of the price mainly. I read a lot of opinions but they diverse from "very hot/uncomfortable and need retightening" to "very good, comfortable and durable".

A bit more expensive but very good looking is the singing rock, check it out:

https://freetree.de/Singing-Rock-Timber-II_1

I'm gonna follow the thread because I'm looking for a harness too and I don't climb very frequently just like the op.

Hi

I have a Tree Up TH030 harness which seems very comfortable for me. They make in size S then the next is M-XL which I have as am 34 waist & theres plenty of spare on the straps - there is no size M.

The harness also has push together clips on the leg straps so makes it easy to get into & looks well made.

TreeHog is the same thing AFAIK

N

Edited by NFG