Soaked!

King92

Fell into a ditch yesterday went right under... took my Chainsaw with me, went under for about 5seconds, pretty sure it wasnt running when i went in but not 100% sure.

Its an MS260 have left it infront of the fire all night and tried to dry it out as best i can but nothing seems to be working.. Anyone have any advice that could help? thanks! :thumbup:

Strip and clean carb and air filter, remove muffler and put on radiator, remove spark plug, check you get a spark, check cylinder and piston for water, drain fuel tank and replace filter, and try not to fall in any more ditches

What he said.

If the saw wasn't running it should be ok. Clean out the fuel tank and leave to dry out. Take carb apart and clean it out and dry. Also dry air filter.

Water could have gotten around the coil and caused a bit of rust around the contacts. Check these over and clean with wd and fine emery, also on the flywheel.

Pull the spark plug, turn the saw upside down and pull it over fast - drive out that water.

Put some WD40 down the plug hole - a few seconds of squirt, turn the saw over and then put it on its side and do the same, the other side and do the same and then upside down and do it again - this will coat the crank bearings and stopping them rusting.

Drain and refill the tanks, pull both covers off the carb and clear any fluid.

reassemble - warm the plug with a gas cooker or plumbers lamp and then pull the saw over fast with full choke and try to get it to fire. If it pops and is reluctant to go any further, hold the throttle open with your right hand and pull with your left - not usually recommended but should get it going - let it warm up really hot to drive off any water.

Good luck and get it going fast as the water will start doing damage to steel parts very quickly!

Fell into a ditch yesterday went right under... took my Chainsaw with me, went under for about 5seconds, pretty sure it wasnt running when i went in but not 100% sure.

Its an MS260 have left it infront of the fire all night and tried to dry it out as best i can but nothing seems to be working.. Anyone have any advice that could help? thanks! :thumbup:

something like that is funny when some one else doers it .. get your self checked out if you have swollowed any dirty water mate good luck with the saw :thumbup1:

My husky 61 sucked in water last week when cut a willow limb under water, because it was so cold plug liked like a lollypop when I took it out tipped water out of bore and carb pulled it over with out plug in cleaned plug checked for spark good, put it back in left air filter off and a way it went a lot of white/blue smoke to start with but all right when warm.