Oversized timber processing

numbercruncher

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi boy english. would you ever pick someone else's used condom. HELL NO. well how clean is the oil in other people tractors you use when with your splitter. There's no way to tell how much rubbish is in the fluid, its even worse with borrowing, lending hydraulic trailers, as large volumes of oil were used.if a trailer is full of dirty, rust particles and you have new uncontaminated oil after a service change and tip the trailer or create a flow, the oil mixes and you have wasted your time changing oil.

hi boy english. would you ever pick someone else's used condom. HELL NO. well how clean is the oil in other people tractors you use when with your splitter. There's no way to tell how much rubbish is in the fluid, its even worse with borrowing, lending hydraulic trailers, as large volumes of oil were used.if a trailer is full of dirty, rust particles and you have new uncontaminated oil after a service change and tip the trailer or create a flow, the oil mixes and you have wasted your time changing oil.

That's why they have filters on tractor hydraulic.

In my opinion unless, you can get large 3ft to 4ft diameter for peanuts you are better off forgetting it ,due to all the hard work that goes in to it.

A local land owner lets me have his knotty, on the side of steep banks (which you can hardly stand up on) for nothing,wind blown beech butts, BUT with all the work involved to get the wood to saleable logs it is all very marginal as regards the economics of the job!!

"YOU DO NOT GET OUGHT FOR NOUGHT IN THIS LIFE."

Never has a truer word been spoken ,especially regarding so say "FREE FIREWOOD":thumbdown:

If times are hard I unplug it with the ram out to collect a few gallon for when I get home 😃

Who says big splitters aren't good investments. :001_tongue:

I think big splitters are a good investment, but you need to get the big wood free or next to free

I split must of mine in Upto 2.5 metre lengths then put though processor

And all knotty crap in wood kiln

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1476253519.341198.jpg.d27784065bfb1938b46996ddbc829382.jpg

I think big splitters are a good investment, but you need to get the big wood free or next to free

I split must of mine in Upto 2.5 metre lengths then put though processor

And all knotty crap in wood kiln

[ATTACH]212472[/ATTACH]

What model of Binderberger splitter do you have as it looks a bit different ?:confused13: