How to make huge amounts of money - build fences in Norway!

10 Bears

I was looking on the BBC news website and came across this article:

Norway's short but controversial fence on Russia's border - BBC News

I'm not commenting on the migrant crisis or the fact that Norway is building a fence to keep the migrants out (just in case they come again...) - but the price of this build is unbelievable!

Watch the video at 0:44 they tell you how long the fence is (variable a), then around 1:06 they tell you how much it costs (variable b).

b/a = price per metre - which is eye-watering!

At that rate, I think I'm off to Norway to start a fencing contracting business...

If its anything like here then any Norwegian gardener that owns a claw hammer, has a box of staples and has splashed out on a set of wire stretchers will now be giving themselves the self titled fencing contractor spiel,

Charging a stupifyingly high rate for something they have absolutely no qualifications for

I'm not supprised.

Any project over about £50,000 has to go out for tender or is at least supposed to.

Up there how many contractors cabable of doing this do you think there are?

All of those would have biffed a stratospheric price in and the least stratospheric won.

I have seen a row of Trees have half of their canopy's thinned,about 18 mature Trees for £40,000.Then they went and cut about every second one down for about the same money.

Two different jobs,both under the threshold for tender.

I'm not supprised.

Any project over about £50,000 has to go out for tender or is at least supposed to.

Up there how many contractors cabable of doing this do you think there are?

Surely any contractor within Norway would be able to apply? For jobs like that people tend to travel and stay in hotels...