Simple 3:1 Rigging aid

RC0

Here’s a relatively cheap and simple means to pretension a line through a basic lowering device.

A couple of pauses in the vid where I momentarily forgot where the whole thing was headed, but the video has come out quite clear so its easy enough to see what’s going on.

The technique will work on any fixed Bollard but I'm not sure about the other hanging (portawrap) types

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMADD6KV0ZY]YouTube - RC31 Rope Pulley[/ame]

Thanks

Waiting in anticipation for a release date!! I have been pondering GRCS or Hobbs for a while now but i think yours is possibly my choice. The main double barrel jobby and this device too would make a great combo. Got a few jobs soon that would be fantastic to have these to help out. Are they ready soon???

Waiting in anticipation for a release date!! I have been pondering GRCS or Hobbs for a while now but i think yours is possibly my choice. The main double barrel jobby and this device too would make a great combo. Got a few jobs soon that would be fantastic to have these to help out. Are they ready soon???

No, you were right first time. Buy a Hobbs H2, they are awesome and its your lucky day....I have one for sale, £850 and its all yours my friend:thumbup1:

whadya say?

No, you were right first time. Buy a Hobbs H2, they are awesome and its your lucky day....I have one for sale, £850 and its all yours my friend:thumbup1:

whadya say?

Mmmm... but i do want one of yours. i thought you'd have sold the hobbs long ago. seriously though, why not promote the sale of an RC or two when you can sell a hobbs on ebay in a flash surely. I am more in favour of a hobbs over a GRCS but the RC has put a spanner in the works.:confused1:

Very slick ideas and presentation Reg.

You have a unique televisual style which is both honest & approachable.

Although very impressed by your entire range of equipment (including the BD, which is being dusted off and coming along to a fairly big Pop on Monday :thumbup1:) I will certainly be adding more RG devices to our Arsenal when the time for replacement/review is at hand, I am nonetheless suprised no one has bitten your hand off for the Hobbs yet.

£850 is truly a bargain for a Hobbs, fellas

Get Pm'ing Reg if anyones dabbling with the idea of one, you wouldn't be dissapointed :001_smile:

Edited by Monkey-D
spelling

Mmmm... but i do want one of yours. i thought you'd have sold the hobbs long ago. seriously though, why not promote the sale of an RC or two when you can sell a hobbs on ebay in a flash surely. I am more in favour of a hobbs over a GRCS but the RC has put a spanner in the works.:confused1:

Since our engineer is currently moving premises it has caused another delay, not a big one but I’d hoped the LDs would be available to the end user by now. Hey all 3 devices are excellent, only ours is cheaper and I’d say will take a bigger load, but does not have the lifting capabilities of the other 2. I just gotta get that Hobbs out from under my feet!

I like the simple design of that pulley Reg, I used a similar setup once but it had a separate line running through a pulley on the LD and another pulley on a grab which you pushed up the line. Effective but a major PITA to setup, yours on the other hand is far simpler, nice work mate.:001_smile:

BTW If you use a friction hitch which only grips in one direction you can push it further up the line with a forked stick giving a bigger pull each time.:001_smile:

as good as ever reg, i love the way you tie it off twice, i hate it when the device would drop down and be a pain to start off until tension was on it, i havent done much from the ground as i was usually up the tree, but i would see the boys struggling on the deck. if you have time could you make a video of attaching it onto the tree, i an intersted the way you have them tied off, i usually just use slings which isnt awesome and it is a hit or a miss depending on the girth of the tree and sling size. would really appreciate it.