Husqvarna 365 X-torq > 372 X-Torq

aliS

Oops i ground out the diverter/ splitter as i though it was quite a restriction in there , have not noticed any difference in use , but as its part of the strato thing it does have a function , Hmm might order up a replacemnet as it may be detrimental in the long run

Edited by huskywilson

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the partition is just to give the airflow a linear direction rather than letting it swirl in the elbow as the manifold also has a similar partition and this guides the fuel vapour and lower air to the actual inlet port and the upper part is very light on fuel vapour and this is used to load the upper part of the transfers via piston porting.

Will it cause an issue - unlikely it will effect performance, more likely it may effect how much fuel vapour is expelled with the exhaust gases which the strato system is designed to clean up.

Just make sure the saw is not over revving!

yeah i see where you at there , i understand the strato feature , but just never considered it when i ground out the bit which looked like a restriction to me , i have it set 4 stroking at 13000 on a tach and soon as its in wood it cleans up right away , and i use Aspen with a touch more Husky XP oil to run it at 40:1 ,still might get a new bit when i get a price for one

Can someone shed some light on why people go to these lengths to convert a 365 ?

Surely it would be better just to of bought a 372 in the first place if the 365 performance isn't adequate and 372 performance is what you want.

Not used one as I've always kept with stihl. I'm guessing a 372 is pretty comparable to a 441 in most ways. I get tempted to buy a husky every now and again but the stihls have been so reliable for me that it's difficult to move away from what works.

I used someone else's 545 the other day and was a little disappointed. It was a lovely light saw but the rubberised part of the handle slipped over the metal which was annoying and the exhaust fumes seemed to be come back at you a bit when ringing up. Shame for a new saw

Can someone shed some light on why people go to these lengths to convert a 365 ?

Surely it would be better just to of bought a 372 in the first place if the 365 performance isn't adequate and 372 performance is what you want.

I suspect price maybe a factor, if you're willing to do the mod yourself it could work out a lot cheaper than buying a 372 off the shelf.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Arbtalk mobile app