Do trees have feelings too?

kevinjohnsonmbe

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great clip!

I'm not sure the other sofa dwellers were entirely convinced or keen for after show beers though!!

Haven't made great in-roads with the book yet, and mindful that I'm likely to be a receptive audience, my first concern having watched that is that the "arrogance" (perhaps also indicative of the limitations of humans to express thoughts or verbalise ideas outside of our own familiar parameters) of human thinking, that we as a species, have to (or tend to) compare, measure or liken everything to ourselves.

Just maybe, humans are the parasites and the trees are "talking" about us!

😳

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading this book. I genuinely enjoyed it. Not a great deal I didn't already know, though the manner in which the author conveys his knowledge is quite brilliant. It's so easy to read, it's as if the words just roll gracefully off the page. Certainly one people should buy, as it completely instills a heightened sense of morality in the reader. Look after the trees, treat them with care and respect, be humble in their presence, and do not deny them their social needs. Like us, trees need their parents (sometimes surrogates), as do they need their kin and comrades.

I just finished reading this book. I genuinely enjoyed it. Not a great deal I didn't already know, though the manner in which the author conveys his knowledge is quite brilliant. It's so easy to read, it's as if the words just roll gracefully off the page. Certainly one people should buy, as it completely instills a heightened sense of morality in the reader. Look after the trees, treat them with care and respect, be humble in their presence, and do not deny them their social needs. Like us, trees need their parents (sometimes surrogates), as do they need their kin and comrades.

Bloody hell.... I haven't got past the intro yet! Too busy or not using my time properly :blushing:

Bloody hell.... I haven't got past the intro yet! Too busy or not using my time properly :blushing:

My exact problem!

I buy the books expecting to take them in-in some kind of Matrix speed reading fashion and then procrastination takes over!