Wedding or stump grinding ?

Stefan Palokangas

Fiancé without doubt, but a wedding I don't even want to attend to can't be compared in that manner

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Then surely spending quality time with her anywhere home, wedding, holiday whatever should come before grinding a stump?!?!

Loving your work ethic running 2 jobs! I take my hat off to you but on this occasion I'm stumped[emoji12]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only I knew you 26 years ago on my wedding day to my wife no1. Not only wouldn't I of minded you not turning up, I would of given you a hand and saved myself a fortune :001_smile:

Haven't read much of this post as seems to be getting a bit nasty in places. Find this a good point if it's not been raised though, if the op was invited for the day and catered for then the couple spent a fair bit of money on food that's gone to waste. Bad enough when one of your kids friends don't turn up to a birthday party that's a tenner a head so I'd be miffed if footing that bill

Haven't read much of this post as seems to be getting a bit nasty in places. Find this a good point if it's not been raised though, if the op was invited for the day and catered for then the couple spent a fair bit of money on food that's gone to waste. Bad enough when one of your kids friends don't turn up to a birthday party that's a tenner a head so I'd be miffed if footing that bill

Hi Dan I just had a read and yes it does look like it got a little savoury. If I am going to serious for a moment, then men don't do weddings, the dressing up etc is more of a woman's thing. But the WAGS put up with a lot from us men Ie. Chainsaw talk, Arb shows, cleaning up our mess we trail through the house and blowing a fortune on equipment (which half of it we don't hardly use) etc etc. So giving up a few hours and sticking on a suit is a small price to pay.

If however missing the wedding was through fear of missing a buck then he wants to have a good look at his life. I started out on my own this year and when it's been quiet I taken the wife on a few camping trips. Maybe I should of been out drumming for business but the first time in God know how many years We have taken a bit of time out and enjoyed ourselves.

Hi Dan I just had a read and yes it does look like it got a little savoury. If I am going to serious for a moment, then men don't do weddings, the dressing up etc is more of a woman's thing. But the WAGS put up with a lot from us men Ie. Chainsaw talk, Arb shows, cleaning up our mess we trail through the house and blowing a fortune on equipment (which half of it we don't hardly use) etc etc. So giving up a few hours and sticking on a suit is a small price to pay.

If however missing the wedding was through fear of missing a buck then he wants to have a good look at his life. I started out on my own this year and when it's been quiet I taken the wife on a few camping trips. Maybe I should of been out drumming for business but the first time in God know how many years We have taken a bit of time out and enjoyed ourselves.

We do take 4 holidays a year to northern parts of Scotland where we enjoy each and every second of it. Next will be to island of sky, fantastic place. And she is away again with her pals in a weeks time.. It's not work work work, as I said before it can do Easley be misunderstood over text. But the conversation started lending towards me myself seen upon as a selfish prick.. I ditched a wedding, I did embrace her, but I didn't gamble away all money, I didn't come home drunk 5 in morning. But what I do is taking the utmost responsibility for our well being and making sure the next meal is always there.

All I really wanted was to see if any other been in a similar situation, but the responses quickly turned nasty. I struggled to concentrate on the nice replies and I will hesitate in future to post anything controversial. But I learned from this and can with confidence say I walk away stronger and more confident from it.

It have indeed pointed out the need in small parts of humanity to judge and come up with belittling words.

Of course I was wrong doing what I did, but it's done.

Best regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan. I tend to ignore the keyboard warriors. My point to you is whilst it's very admirable to do your best to provide the best possible lifestyle for you and others by the sweat you put in, through experience, if you don't find a balance then all that sweat will be for nothing.

Hi Stefan. I tend to ignore the keyboard warriors. My point to you is whilst it's very admirable to do your best to provide the best possible lifestyle for you and others by the sweat you put in, through experience, if you don't find a balance then all that sweat will be for nothing.

Balance at the moment is not there, I'm following a plan a vision bit by bit it's happening. Creating a company capable of strong equipment in small areas back gardens, and creating the tool to remove trees quick without climbing on a tracked base.

Stefan, your very hard working and take serious pride in your work and do a fantastic job. all i can say is keep up the hard work and well done!!

i can't say for others, but i can't say i check the grass 3 times before leaving a job and making sure everything is 100% perfect.

keep it up mate

Balance at the moment is not there, I'm following a plan a vision bit by bit it's happening. Creating a company capable of strong equipment in small areas back gardens, and creating the tool to remove trees quick without climbing on a tracked base.

I think we should all meet up at the nearest beer wagon at the APF in a couple of weeks have s few pints all shake hands,have a few more pints and just chill:beerchug: