weedkiller

phil123

I think the scientists did eventually conclude that glyphosate could be carcinogenic at about the same level as sausages are.

The rules are that if you are being paid to apply chemicals then you are required to have the appropriate certificate. I am not keen on all these rules and inspectors etc but for once i think it right you should have one. You should be able to demonstrate you know how to calibrate a sprayer at the very least. Most folk just tip on double the recommended rate "just to be sure".

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the scientists did eventually conclude that glyphosate could be carcinogenic at about the same level as sausages are.

The rules are that if you are being paid to apply chemicals then you are required to have the appropriate certificate. I am not keen on all these rules and inspectors etc but for once i think it right you should have one. You should be able to demonstrate you know how to calibrate a sprayer at the very least. Most folk just tip on double the recommended rate "just to be sure".

For farmers and industrial level operators, yes, I agree, but garden guys? really? They sell the stuff in a squeeze bottle like 2-stroke oil, x number of capfuls per gallon of water. If someone offered me a free course I'd be glad to take it, but no way would I pay £200+ I mean where does it stop? I hear in Belgium, if you build your own house, you have to pay 6% VAT on your OWN labour. If you're a registered builder, you pay the full whack. Where is our civilisation going? Roll on deglobalisation I say, sack the pen pushers and send them into the potato fields.

I see your location is "Middle Earth"....pray tell, are you a Guardian reader by any chance, Inthewoods?

Idiot though I may be, I have done hours of research, both scientific and anecdotal on glyphosate when the issue reared its head in May - mainly because I was worried about my own health. Some (14) scientists in France were paid to produce evidence that glyphosate is a human carcinogen. The best they could do was "probable". Previous studies found no health danger.

I don't like the way big AG use herbicides and I try to eat organic - when it comes to grain based foods - as much as poss. But the reality is roundup, as used by granny, or granny's garden guy, is as safe as any other household chemical. Gloves, mask, no problem. Do your research - try the dry boring scientific papers, instead of Natural News. Is it good for the environment, no, its not, but a gravel yard is not a productive piece of ground anyway, and the amount of glyphosate used by homeowners is minuscule compared to AG.

If you want to entertain the conspiracy side of things - which I do - the agenda behind the control of gyphosate was simply pressure by chemical companies to push their new patented expensive products. The patent on glyphosate expired a few years ago and generic brands or mix-your-own would have really eaten into monsanto's bottom line. The fact that granny can still legally buy a litter bottle at huge expense should tell us something. The ticket thing is just another UE boondoggle. I can legally spray roundup for granny, so long as I don't accept payment for it - a load of bureaucratic foolishness....

How dare you call me a guardian reader! ... Tory boy :-) x

1472854094805.jpg.f92805d2762c1cf4f62a4eb6def7c6ce.jpg