Greenmech 19-28 starter motor

Jonny Burch

It's on an Isuzu engine with this stamped on it... [ATTACH]209625[/ATTACH]

GFC120214

I go to an agricultural engineering shop. Get all my filters and they can get anything for my 19-28 at a huge difference to the main dealer.

Worth a shot if you haven't already tried a local one but mine normally have stuff in stock as its quite a commonly used engine in plant equipment. Like the kubota ones.

I've had them from local autoelectricians before now (around £100 ish iirc) and always keep one (either new or reconditioned) on the shelf as they are prone to failure - you can't easily move a safetrac if the starter motor is toast! They burn out when people turn the key when there is material jamming the flywheel - usually as a result of shutting the machine down with the feed bar set to chip and material still in the feed hopper. Always select stop or reverse before shutting down the 1928s as the stress control solenoid opens as soon as you deenergise it when you turn the key off, and the rollers subsequently turn a bit.

If it helps in your search, the Isuzu engine in these is a 4LE (it will be a 4LE1 or 4LE2 etc etc - they all have the same starters as far as I know) also fitted in some JCBs I believe.

I've had them from local autoelectricians before now (around £100 ish iirc) and always keep one (either new or reconditioned) on the shelf as they are prone to failure - you can't easily move a safetrac if the starter motor is toast! They burn out when people turn the key when there is material jamming the flywheel - usually as a result of shutting the machine down with the feed bar set to chip and material still in the feed hopper. Always select stop or reverse before shutting down the 1928s as the stress control solenoid opens as soon as you deenergise it when you turn the key off, and the rollers subsequently turn a bit.

If it helps in your search, the Isuzu engine in these is a 4LE (it will be a 4LE1 or 4LE2 etc etc - they all have the same starters as far as I know) also fitted in some JCBs I believe.

Very good advice and you have nailed it with people trying to clear blockages on the starter, never had it on the mk1 but it normally blows a 40A fuse on the mk2s.

When our mechanic was tasked with bringing the mk1 out of the shed and getting it ready for sale he killed the RDS unit and starter with water penetration from the pressure washer. An auto electric guy in Portsmouth sold me a new one for £108.33+Vat in February delivered. If interested I can get details when back at work tomorrow.