Comments on my new website

mikey10

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

only this but if the moisture content is not below 30% it will cause a build up of creosote in your chimney.

???

maybe i shouldnt be trying to read after being down pub but i thought you got creosote from b+q not from your chimminy.

site looks good tho :thumbup:

very good site, in fact excelent, only thing i can see is your min size is 10" where i am down west somerset I sell 90% 8" logs due to victorian size fire places. Just a thought but well done on site btw who done it as i could do with a decent site myself.

only this but if the moisture content is not below 30% it will cause a build up of creosote in your chimney.

???

maybe i shouldnt be trying to read after being down pub but i thought you got creosote from b+q not from your chimminy.

site looks good tho :thumbup:

1. You cant buy creosote from B&Q or anywhere else for that matter.

2. Creosotes do indeed build up in your chimney as a result of burning wet wood.

1. You cant buy creosote from B&Q or anywhere else for that matter.

Not any more, you can't. EU crap, I believe.

You can get some water based stuff.

Ray Mears showed how to make it on one of his programs, put green sticks in a tin, heat the tin in a fire, hay pesto "creosote" :001_smile:

Yes, "Creosote Substitute". About as much use as a chocolate hedgehog in a balloon factory.

They nearly banned the sale of used railway sleepers with the same legislation, on the grounds that they had been treated with the dread substance.....

Thanks for all your replys sounds like you all think its up to scratch.:001_smile: A friend does web designing so he only charged me £250.00 with web hosting, dont know if that is cheap but sounded ok to me.

The nets are £4.00 each plus delivery and vat cheaper if bought in bulk. you got to have a frame for net to hang on to fill in which was £250.00 cheaper if bought in bulk.

I load the bags onto truck with forklift and handball them out at moment, then reuse bag if it not damaged. ideally a small truck with hiab to unload is what i need.:thumbup1:

Looks good and good value for £250 . I paid 250 for this as well a few years ago Advance Generators - Established in 1992 and based in Andover,central southern England, we can supply and maintain standby generators from 6 to 2000kVA

Your bags only work out £10 more than your single load, alot of work in nets. Homebase are selling beech hard wood logs 7 in each bag £6.76 ea

Ton bags that measure 800x800x800 only hold .55 cu so you could use that to your advantage. I have been charging £80 per cube £145 2cu was thinking of putting up in the winter.

Thanks for all your replys sounds like you all think its up to scratch.:001_smile: A friend does web designing so he only charged me £250.00 with web hosting, dont know if that is cheap but sounded ok to me.

The nets are £4.00 each plus delivery and vat cheaper if bought in bulk. you got to have a frame for net to hang on to fill in which was £250.00 cheaper if bought in bulk.

I load the bags onto truck with forklift and handball them out at moment, then reuse bag if it not damaged. ideally a small truck with hiab to unload is what i need.:thumbup1:

If you had a hiab would you deliver including the bag or can it be emptyed with strap on the bottom.