While trying to bully Germany.....

Oakwilt

I'll be honest Tim I like the guy, he appears to have some backbone. Whether or not you or I share his views is a different matter. However, I have seen little or no evidence so far that makes be believe him to be a liar....wish I could say the same for Bush and Blair.

Here is a speech made in parilment, spoken with great clarity and commitment, which is often not the case on that particular stage.

FWIW, I believe he speaks the truth, if anyone can specifically prove otherwise then I'd like to hear about it. No hard feelings towards anyone in this thread, I'm keeping my personal views private but I still try to keep an open mind to that of others. Hey, he who listens learns.

worth a watch

Reg,

Let me tell you something about George Galloway, we've been living with his BS up here in Scotland for a lot longer than any of you guys, ever since the early days when he was a councillor in Dundee where he saw fit to fly a Palestinian flag from the council headquarters. Meanwhile he did nothing for Dundee people.

Then onto the west end of Glasgow serving as the labour MP for Hillhead - The pseudo intellectual classes of University Avenue and Byres Rd encourage his contrarian approach where he failed to actually achieved any positive benefits for the poor and unemployed in Partick and neighbouring south-side Maryhill.

Up here....he's a chancer, a disingenous fake only interested in his own self serving bombastic rhetoric.

Look past the BS Reg, George has pulled the wool over your eyes brother. He'd sell his mother to get ahead.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim, I clearly know alot less about his background in Scotland than you, thanks for the info, I didn't realise he was held in such low regard up there.

However, I did think his well-informed insights were relevant to the topic of this particular thread.

If indeed he does speak the truth on these particular matters, and I dont see too many people lining up to specifically challenge him otherwise....his personal priorities, agendas, short-comings and failures in the past seem quite trivial compared to the tragic issues raised in those particular speeches.

Tockmal, interesting to see you using a staged photograph for you're avatar.

I agree with you about George though, what a arse, he thought that Big Brother would give him a conduit to the youth of this country, how naive was he not to realize that his arguments would be silenced by Big Brothers producers and how even more naive of him to think the youth of this country would even give a sh*t.

Ever read 1984, Tockmal?

I think al Quada are a very real threat and if you and others assume they are dreamt up by the neocons in Washington DC your diminishing and almost trivialising the severity of al Quada's quest for power throughout the world.

Dont fall for the conspiracy theories as they are conjured up by desperate masochists with a thirst for self deceit. These masochists like to feel they are being suppressed by a higher force as it gives them focus, something to make their dull lives more interesting.

Al Quada are real and they are a potent threat to western democracy.

I'm on the side of America, I think America has lot to offer the world.

Dreamt up?

Manufactured might be more accurate unfortunately.

Your posts last sentence would be very true, sans any neocon influence or leadership, IMHO.

Bushco impeachment success will help tremendously.

An embarrassed but still hopeful yankee opinion.

Hey there! Across the Pond! Greetings Cousins!

jomoco:wave::wave:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion (even arborists!). Just remember that the freedom to voice that opinion has been earned the hard way by our parents and grandparents and those before them.

Say what you like about the current wars we've been dragged into, but remember, the quickest way to end a war is to lose it.

welcome jomoco

Hi Steve,

So tell me, do British climbers use Cambium Savers to minimize cambial damage to trees at the climbers Tie in Point, you know rope damage in crotches?

I trust that everyone loves our president in Britain to much the same degree he's loved here in the states?

Pardon my first question if you're not a climber Steve.

jomoco