Multi process welders?

Will C

If you want low output for thin metal then look at the Porta mig range.

The r tech one goes to 30 amp, that should do body work. I will look up portamig, till the sparky says what he can do it's still a open race:laugh1:

Will if you want mig,tig and arc why not get a unit along the lines of our Esab that has a seperate power source . From there you can run arc or plug in a mig wire feed unit which is a lot less cumbersome than dragging a complete set about.

image.jpg2_zpsjza1paqs.jpg

image.jpg3_zpskgrnsy4a.jpg

Some of the wire feed units like the Thermal arc one will run off a mobile arc plant which is handy for on site hard facing.Wire is inside away from the rain and mud :thumbup1:

image.jpg1_zpsgvboxrw7.jpg

Bob

Now that's an idea, the tig isn't a issue, I can use one but haven't had the need for one since the last time. Mig and arc are the important bits to me. I will have a look and see what I can find. I don't need all singing n dancing but would rather buy quality than twice.

Cheers Bob.

No point buying it to only use half of it :lol: if I can't get a 32 amp supply I might as well buy the 180 amp one and be able to use all of its power, prob arrive at the same output amps roughly for less money and with out the chance of someone else turning it up and frying the electrics in the workshop or am I missing something?

Electrics are black magic to me, any thing else I can get my head round but much more than bulbs or a plug I call in the sparky:blushing::laugh1:

As an example I have a GYS 200 amp inverter stick welder, it needs a 16 amp supply on full chat but so long as I don't go above 160 amps I can get away with using it on a 13 amp plug. This means I can use it wherever there is a 13 amp socket.

It has a 16 amp commando plug on it and I use it with a small fly lead, basically a 16 amp socket connected to a 13 amp plug. If i do turn up the amps too much all that happens is the fuse in the plug blows.

I have a similar fly lead for my 235 amp MIG, a 32 amp commando socket connected to a 13 amp plug so I can use it on its lower settings.

That makes sense but if I can't get the supply for the larger welder(32amp supply) fitted there's no point buying it when it will do the same output as the smaller one on the same (16amp supply) I might as well save the extra £ on the larger welder if I can't ever use the top end of its capibilitys