Multi process welders?

Will C

My arc welder has been long in the tooth for as long as I care to remember, now my mig is on its last legs :sad:

I've had a quick look round and people are doing multi process welders so you get a mig and arc in the same box some Evan have tig funtion which I don't need but can use. Are they any good? The technology has moved on since I brought my last welder second hand about 10 year ago. :laugh1:

I'm not looking for cheap rubbish but I also don't need a posh thing just a decent bit of kit that will last. My mig that's on its way is a butters but they went bust. Thinking of Lincoln electric, Oxford or migatronic kind of quality if any one has any recommendations of machines or good dealers on the south coast

Ideally I want 170 - 200 amp mig and maybe a little higher arc. Only single phase, ideally 16amp supply but a 30 amp could be sorted if it has to be.

Cheers Will :thumbup1:

I've been looking too - something that will go low enough on mig for bodywork, but will also do stick for thicker plate.

you may have seen this thing - does it all, although only DC tig (not for ally) - but HF start' not lift or scratch.

tecarc multi 200i mig tig arc welding machine shop in Southsea with some of the brands you mention

Personally I may buy a set without tig like this

CWS Best MIG 160i MIG welder - Noz-Alls Ltd

[ame=

]
[/ame],

much cheaper, wouldn't have much need for tig

One more for R Tech kit. I have an AC/DC tig unit from them and its been faultless

Also post a thread on here mig-welding.co.uk and see what these people have to say. There are some very knowledgeable people on there

Edited by Robbo90

No point buying it to only use half of it :lol: if I can't get a 32 amp supply I might as well buy the 180 amp one and be able to use all of its power, prob arrive at the same output amps roughly for less money and with out the chance of someone else turning it up and frying the electrics in the workshop or am I missing something?

Electrics are black magic to me, any thing else I can get my head round but much more than bulbs or a plug I call in the sparky:blushing::laugh1: