550xp

Gary24

Try asking your dealer for the latest carb upgrade. Husqvarna made changes to the pumping diaphragm to get over this bogging in the mid range.

The software has no adjustments that will sort this issue but may throw up a fault code or two.

Cheers spud.

Only got it back from a retune a few days ago, still not quite right even with a new green breather cap on it.

Maybe time for a new one.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine just started playing up. On full throttle when ringing up, it started to hunt. Very similar to when it's running out of fuel but it had a full tank. Any ideas?

I'm going to order a new tank breather, fuel filter and fuel line and see if that fixes it.

Mine just started playing up. On full throttle when ringing up, it started to hunt. Very similar to when it's running out of fuel but it had a full tank. Any ideas?

I'm going to order a new tank breather, fuel filter and fuel line and see if that fixes it.

Try taking of the breather pipe from its connection on the carb air filter connection elbow, if it is better then plug the hole in the elbow and leave the breather pipe off.

• 1 month later...
He's probably referring to the L bleed adjustment, arrowed in the attached parts diagram. Sometimes these are under a brass cap (like a cylinder block core plug) regular slotted head beneath, o-ring sealed, tapered machine screw.

Probably worth a carb clean etc before making adjustments as the cause of the low idle bog hasn't been identified, but it's got autotune so who knows?!:confused1: HTH

Hey thanks for that, I have been running it the premixed aspen for a few weeks and have to its much better, I was using the husky oil and Iam careful to get the mix bang on, but maybe the fuel was poor quality, think it was murco and was super 97, the saw was new and has only had a few gallons through it, either that or it's the time of year / atmospherics that have changed and are more suited to the base tune, keep on going and see how it pans out, still like these saws, thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I have heard that these auto tune saws run much better on aspen and that on examples that had the hot starting issue , it's non existent on aspen .

We have a customer that runs a 550 & 560xp on aspen and never has any issues , after all it is the fuel that husky recommend themselves in the brochure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 550 has just gone pop.

I've had three good trouble free years out it but it now needs a barrel and piston.

I think I'll just get another one as there isn't that much cost difference and have the other for spares.

The only thing that I'm contemplating is to give the stihl 261 a go?

Jim

My 550 has just gone pop.

I've had three good trouble free years out it but it now needs a barrel and piston.

I think I'll just get another one as there isn't that much cost difference and have the other for spares.

The only thing that I'm contemplating is to give the stihl 261 a go?

Jim

You should call Spudulike first, before you buy another saw.