Eucalyptus crossed with scots pine?

aiden

Saw this Eucalyptus last week was growing between two scots pines, the bark was like a scots pine ( but soft and sponge like ) at the base and as got higher became like a normal Eucalyptus, also old wounds had a red colour sap. Have these trees grafted at the roots to become a hybrid?

IMG_20160707_115345.jpg.bf7882192cc88b3ebb5fefededd6245a.jpg

IMG_20160707_130404.jpg.47d7cc60128d7cb139dffeca3965532e.jpg

IMG_20160707_130412.jpg.71df82a9dc8e860c3a04983500962062.jpg

IMG_20160707_130423.jpg.295f9a4cd34d4736ca22e0000299c5e6.jpg

thanks for the replys , but after looking at bark pictures of silver dollar and Jarrah i am sure it was not those two, it looks very very close to stringybark, . i have never seen anything like it before.

starting my level 4 in September so not up on all the theory side to this yet, is it possible to have trees cross breed from root graft? i know its possible for trees to root graft to share nutrients.

While its possible for trees from different genus to be hybrids (intergeneric hybrids are non common) this is not one. It's simply a species of Eucalypt which has thick mature bark.

Intergeneric hybrids (such as eyland cypress, [× Cupressocyparis leylandii] hybrid between Monterey cypress and Nootka cypress) is a cross between plants in two different genera in the same family. They are closely related enough that pollination will produce a hybrid. Pines are coniferous and Eucalyptus are broadleaved and thus very different.