Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Haven’t we been down this road before? (The stabbing) 

It’s standard procedure to hold the guy under questioning or even be charged, until there has been an investigation at least.

There will be no prosecution.

I can just imagine the interviewing officer, “so, believing that your life was at immediate risk, from this armed burglar, you grabbed a knife from the draining board to defend yourself?”

”and in the ensuing struggle he got stabbed?”

Shame he didn’t manage to do both of them.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

I can just imagine the interviewing officer, “so, believing that your life was at immediate risk, from this armed burglar, you grabbed a knife from the draining board to defend yourself?”

”and in the ensuing struggle he got stabbed?”

Shame he didn’t manage to do both of them.

When savagely knocked off a motorbike some time ago, The interviewing copper asked me 'What speed were you doing, bearing in mind it's a 30mph zone?'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was emptying my fathers house after he moved to an old people’s home.

I explained to the rather suspicious over zealous tip employee why I was making repeated visits.

”I’m clearing my father’s house, he’s moved to an old people’s home”

”really? And how is he related to you precisely?”

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Ha I don't think that other than Kevin mbe, anyone has mentioned Corbyn on these pages since the lies about Russian proof surfaced. 

Might be wrong though. 

If he's that unelectable though, why not just leave him to it? 

But he is inextricably linked to the story (and the conspiracy theory Mark - 27 countries, 1 UK government, the EU, NATO all wrong, Jezza right.....) Is the embarrassment starting to sting Mark?  (I am genuinely joking there, I just don't want you to tie your horse to a flaming wagon and get dragged down the road with it....  :D)

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware, all he was after was proof before enacting diplomatic measures.  Which seems like a resonable thing to do. He's part of the Privvy Council, so can't be that much of a threat.

Turns out that there appears to be no proof.  I don't think that makes it a conspiracy theory. 

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

I guess that questioning party lines won't get me an MBE then... 

Maybe not in the Labour movement where one should never be seen to walk against the MOMENTUM of the wheel....

It DID however work for me since it was as a direct consequence of 'questioning authority', thinking beyond the obvious and challenging the norm which resulted in the award which seems to intrigue you so much....  Maybe that is also a part of where your misunderstanding of military character comes from....  It's not trench warfare anymore, it's a highly advanced, tactical and technical scenario where the brightest minds are recognised, nurtured and challenged to recognise historical precedents, question the norm and seek solutions beyond the obvious....  

Look Mark, it's not that big a deal, I used it as an email and as several site logins because it was an obvious way of differentiating from the millions of other "Kevin Johnsons" that you will find if you type that into google (or others) and it was similar when choosing login names - type in Kevin Johnson and the chances are there are already a dozen others so you end up with 938374L or some other obscure suffix.  I don't want to try and remember a million different logins so I found an obvious, and easy way differentiate and to remember it.  Truth be told, amongst you merciless bastards of AT, I wish (a) I hadn't and (b) I'd, like so many others, chosen something anonymous.  

But I didn't and that's that done.  It has lead to certain parties, where sensible argument or logic fails, to resort to petty jibes but you know what, it's like smacking a rhino - pretty pointless.  It's kind of self fulfilling, once the petty personal jibes start, you know the argument / discussion / debate/ banter is won.   

Question - what is your problem with it?  Is it an anti Monarchy / anti establishment thing (like Green gay) or is it just a means by which you think you can have a pop at me personally?

It's not quite the same, but do you have a pop at your Doctor if they have Dr on the name plate of their door?  I mean they're not really doctors if the prefix is used in the medical sense are they, it's a title kind of 'borrowed' from academia. 

Do you have a pop at a QC if they use that suffix on their business card?

Do you have a pop at an MP or MEP?

Genuinely, we've had our fair share of bad tempered arguing, it hadn't got us anywhere and, from my perspective, I see us as being over that hill.  Perfectly happy to have digs when digs are due, but there's no malice in it...  Come on Comrade, lighten up, I might even but you half of stout one day you Northern monkey!  ?  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Maybe not in the Labour movement where one should never be seen to walk against the MOMENTUM of the wheel....

It DID however work for me since it was as a direct consequence of 'questioning authority', thinking beyond the obvious and challenging the norm which resulted in the award which seems to intrigue you so much....  Maybe that is also a part of where your misunderstanding of military character comes from....  It's not trench warfare anymore, it's a highly advanced, tactical and technical scenario where the brightest minds are recognised, nurtured and challenged to recognise historical precedents, question the norm and seek solutions beyond the obvious....  

Look Mark, it's not that big a deal, I used it as an email and as several site logins because it was an obvious way of differentiating from the millions of other "Kevin Johnsons" that you will find if you type that into google (or others) and it was similar when choosing login names - type in Kevin Johnson and the chances are there are already a dozen others so you end up with 938374L or some other obscure suffix.  I don't want to try and remember a million different logins so I found an obvious, and easy way differentiate and to remember it.  Truth be told, amongst you merciless bastards of AT, I wish (a) I hadn't and (b) I'd, like so many others, chosen something anonymous.  

But I didn't and that's that done.  It has lead to certain parties, where sensible argument or logic fails, to resort to petty jibes but you know what, it's like smacking a rhino - pretty pointless.  It's kind of self fulfilling, once the petty personal jibes start, you know the argument / discussion / debate/ banter is won.   

Question - what is your problem with it?  Is it an anti Monarchy / anti establishment thing (like Green gay) or is it just a means by which you think you can have a pop at me personally?

It's not quite the same, but do you have a pop at your Doctor if they have Dr on the name plate of their door?  I mean they're not really doctors if the prefix is used in the medical sense are they, it's a title kind of 'borrowed' from academia. 

Do you have a pop at a QC if they use that suffix on their business card?

Do you have a pop at an MP or MEP?

Genuinely, we've had our fair share of bad tempered arguing, it hadn't got us anywhere and, from my perspective, I see us as being over that hill.  Perfectly happy to have digs when digs are due, but there's no malice in it...  Come on Comrade, lighten up, I might even but you half of stout one day you Northern monkey!  ?  

It's nothing personal.

When I first brought up the MBE some time ago, you suggested I knew nothing about you.  So I had a wee search on the internet.  This showed your business name and your qualifications.  Coupled with that information, I looked at your posts in a different way, mainly, because while you champion green issues, you side with politicians who just don't fit your self proclaimed ideals.  That made me wonder why?  I get that you think that Corbyn is a threat to all you hold dear.

A very close friend of mine is leaving the Army next year as a Warrent Officer First Class.  While that doesn't make me a military strategist, I do have an inkling that things have moved on since Blackadder goes Forth.

I'd genuinely like to have a drink with you sometime, but none of that Taekwondo.

Edited by Mark J

39 minutes ago, Mark J said:

It's nothing personal.

When I first brought up the MBE some time ago, you suggested I knew nothing about you.  So I had a wee search on the internet.  This showed your business name and your qualifications.  Coupled with that information, I looked at your posts in a different way, mainly, because while you champion green issues, you side with politicians who just don't fit your self proclaimed ideals.  That made me wonder why?  I get that you think that Corbyn is a threat to all you hold dear.

A very close friend of mine is leaving the Army next year as a Warrent Officer First Class.  While that doesn't make me a military strategist, I do have an inkling that things have moved on since Blackadder goes Forth.

I'd genuinly like to have a drink with you sometime, but none of that Taekwondo.

C'mon Mark, a wee search on the tinter web is only slightly more than nothing....