Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Must be an old wife's tale Hereford my local city is more of a town.

Telford which should be a city is just a maxi e town like Miltonkenes very new.

Anybody know the deciding factor in what makes a city , population perhaps

Royal decree. That's it in a nutshell.

Now come on Mr E! Stoke is a town (one of the 6 towns that, in combination, make up the city of Stoke on Trent - its an oddity (in many ways!)

Milton Keynes!

You're heartless Mr Johnson.

It's been said! On the bright side, unlikely to have a heart attack!!

Perhaps Brum? Central after all. I just had MK on my mind since watching a daytime TV show last week about the place. It also looked at Poundbury, went there for a look several years back - lovely!

It would be quite Fitting I think?

It's a city with no particular allegiance no history, no pre-defined character (or any character tbh) and it's already known as "the city of complete cows":thumbup:

I agree Daniel, most seriously, taking some of the pomp and ceremony (some might call it privilege) out of government might just go some way towards reinstalling public confidence in politicians and politics.

Ha, very good. I wouldn't give boris the steam off my pie. He's proven himself to be a lying, devious, self entitled character. I don't agree with Major either for the record. Is Cornwall really looking like it's going to fall off a cliff edge with it's funding problem, or do you think it's hot air?

I'm trying to form a balanced idea of how things are going to pan out.

Apol's delay Mark!

My Boris comment wasn't connected to previous posts, it was just a standalone input after I'd seen the coverage on TV.

Delay was because I wasn't up to speed with the Cornwall funding "crisis."

Read about it since.

Smoke & mirrors! BS! I can't find much sympathy for whining about reduced central funding. It's my view that the "industry" that has grown out of funding applications actually sucks up more money on admin, staff salaries and jobs for the boys than it actually delivers in assistance, at grass roots, to the communities that the "grant" is supposed to assist.

I could waffle up some examples but it would be long winded and tedious so I won't - unless needed to counter a contrary suggestion that we are all, in fact, doomed to a slow and miserable death!! 😂

I thought that might be case regarding the funding. That's the issue, nobody really knows what's going on anywhere else. So thank you for that.

As for the "Murder Mystery". Imagine someone made up an accusation that you'd nonced their kid, how would you respond? To be accused of threats to kill isn't a laughing matter.