Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

56 minutes ago, Big J said:

From a UCL study:

"Immigrants from outside the EU countries made a net fiscal contribution of about £5.2 billion, thus paying into the system about 3% more than they took out. In contrast, over the same period, natives made an overall negative fiscal contribution of £616.5 billion"

The notion that immigrants are a financial drain on society is demonstrably untrue.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/economics/about-department/fiscal-effects-immigration-uk#:~:text=Immigrants from outside the EU,contribution of £616.5 billion.

That will be those rose tinted left wing glasses again J. You have seen it where you live now and you saw it in your ancestral homeland under the Merkel regime, too much too fast doesn’t work. Those at the top dont suffer ever, hence it’s never an issue for them. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Big J said:

From a UCL study:

"Immigrants from outside the EU countries made a net fiscal contribution of about £5.2 billion, thus paying into the system about 3% more than they took out. In contrast, over the same period, natives made an overall negative fiscal contribution of £616.5 billion"

The notion that immigrants are a financial drain on society is demonstrably untrue.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/economics/about-department/fiscal-effects-immigration-uk#:~:text=Immigrants from outside the EU,contribution of £616.5 billion.

You’re a smart man in some regards, you can’t actually believe that level of manipulation 🤦🏻

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

2000 to 2010 would have been largely Eastern European by origin surely?

Those men and woman would have grown up during communism or at it's very twilight and flourished when they immigrated to a free market.

People from the Baltic states integrate very,very well over here at least. The people from Africa and the ME do not.

The study references people from outside the EU. 

The irony for the UK being that prior to Brexit, most immigrants were from within the EU and therefor culturally pretty close. Post-Brexit, the loss of freedom of movement has meant that in order to fill vacancies, it has been necessary to recruit from further afield. 

But I take you point, and do obviously accept that integrating other Europeans is easier.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

That will be those rose tinted left wing glasses again J. You have seen it where you live now and you saw it in your ancestral homeland under the Merkel regime, too much too fast doesn’t work. Those at the top dont suffer ever, hence it’s never an issue for them. 

Totally agree. Too much, too fast is a really bad idea. That was the case in Germany and Sweden in 2015. They ambitiously and selflessly wanted to help, but it wasn't completely successful. We live in the council area in Sweden that took (per capita) the highest number of refugees in 2015.

But there are few issues here now, truly. You're just as likely (per capita) to see criminal behaviour from natively Swedish people as any immigrant group.

I would estimate that 15-20% of the population of our village is first generation immigrants and it's really helping envigorate the area.

16 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

You’re a smart man in some regards, you can’t actually believe that level of manipulation 🤦🏻

In what regard?

2 minutes ago, peds said:

Big J just knocking it out of the park as usual. 

I'd vote for him.

I wonder if he's got a fanclub I could join... 

Well I wasn't going to reference my Only Fans page, but now that you bring it up....... 😄