Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, tree-fancier123 said:

why did I even imagine there would be a sensible, honest reply?

Ok TF123 or whatever your name is. Apologies for the delay in replying but this is not my sole reason to exist and more to the point the two divers I had in the water have needs far greater than yours. This won’t be war and peace as I’ve limited time and I’m combining this reply with having a shit so killing two birds with one stone 👍👍. I’d say the Trump/Vance is very much like the Starmer/Raynor set up ie a marriage of convenience rather than a true political alignment. It keeps a part of the Republican Party onside.

Will Trump/Vance stop assisting Ukraine?, I’d say no he won’t as they can’t be seen to fail. Would Putin have gone in with Trump as President? I’d say no probably not. Was Trump right In calling out fellow NATO members for relying on the US whilst not fulfilling their own commitments? Absolutely yes. The whole Ukrainian thing goes back years but basically the west was weak and naive big time. 
The final question is totally irrelevant as I’m not in charge and am in no way qualified to answer it (but my heart is with the Ukrainians for what it’s worth)) unlike some on here I’m not an expert in Vaccines, Economics,Farming, Gun Control, Bio Diversity, International Politics or even Grammar etc . Hopefully my single right thumb has not tapped a few wrong letters in  on my trusty I phone.

Right times up,I’m afraid , you will have to excuse me now as my trusty Christian right hand is required for other more productive activities now 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Ok TF123 or whatever your name is. Apologies for the delay in replying but this is not my sole reason to exist and more to the point the two divers I had in the water have needs far greater than yours. This won’t be war and peace as I’ve limited time and I’m combining this reply with having a shit so killing two birds with one stone 👍👍. I’d say the Trump/Vance is very much like the Starmer/Raynor set up ie a marriage of convenience rather than a true political alignment. It keeps a part of the Republican Party onside.

Will Trump/Vance stop assisting Ukraine?, I’d say no he won’t as they can’t be seen to fail. Would Putin have gone in with Trump as President? I’d say no probably not. Was Trump right In calling out fellow NATO members for relying on the US whilst not fulfilling their own commitments? Absolutely yes. The whole Ukrainian thing goes back years but basically the west was weak and naive big time. 
The final question is totally irrelevant as I’m not in charge and am in no way qualified to answer it (but my heart is with the Ukrainians for what it’s worth)) unlike some on here I’m not an expert in Vaccines, Economics,Farming, Gun Control, Bio Diversity, International Politics or even Grammar etc . Hopefully my single right thumb has not tapped a few wrong letters in  on my trusty I phone.

Right times up,I’m afraid , you will have to excuse me now as my trusty Christian right hand is required for other more productive activities now 👍

I hope they dont pull the plug, seems a much more worthy cause than the gulf war, anyway as you say, best just to stick to posting memes and leave opinion pieces to the self appointed experts, leaves more time the real world

6 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

apparently there are 20 million AR15s in US now (approx) - the potential is huge

Oh?

Potential for what?

They have been produced since the 1950s,so perhaps their potential has yet to be reached?

For an almost 80 year design,operating on a direct gas impingement principle that was developed in the 1920s I am curious as ever to learn about your direct experience with any variant. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

Oh?

Potential for what?

They have been produced since the 1950s,so perhaps their potential has yet to be reached?

For an almost 80 year design,operating on a direct gas impingement principle that was developed in the 1920s I am curious as ever to learn about your direct experience with any variant. 

Mate of mine shoots a Remington rolling block from 1860something . He can get a good group with irons at 100yds .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

I am curious as ever to learn about your direct experience with any variant. 

It's like back in the sixties and seventies when statisticians and other bores began to lecture the free public about the dangers of smoking, if these busy bodies werent smokers themselves why should their opinion matter?

Edited by tree-fancier123
  • Thanks 1

As you well know, Tree Fancier ABC, if that even is your real name, the facts and data regarding the dangers of smoking those boffins were harping on about carry much less significance than the opinions and emotions of the average rugged and handsome smoker from that time, simply because they'd never known the pleasures of the rich and smooth great taste of Laramie Reduced Tar Menthol Cigarillos. They had no experience of being addicted to these alluring, wholly masculine, and character-defining tobacco products, and thus they had no business telling other people how dangerous and deadly their addiction was.

• Like 2