Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

12 hours ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

If Labour wins, Angela Rayner would unveil a radical new housebuilding programme within...

A sign of the future I guess, big government with planning and business expertise from Angela and co. 

It would seem we’re due to have some big plans dictated to us by a slapper!

Quite an in depth, I reckon balanced article on a fairly popular topic

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Unlikely alliance of unions and climate groups call for ‘clear and funded’ transition plan for communities reliant on dwindling industry

Always good to see previously opposing groups reach common cause

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Alternatively look at the current Norwegian attitude 🤷‍♂️drill drill drill 

Bit of context perhaps .........

Pragmatic last gasp for them to maintain the dominant source of national income before political pressures limit new drilling.

Regardless of politics all new oil is generally found in smaller quantities at deeper depths with increased technical challenges to get at. In simple terms it is increasingly expensive and more difficult to recover.

For further context - I am currently offshore (Norway as it happens) benefitting from a bit of work thanks to the drill drill drill policy 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teepeeat said:

Pragmatic last gasp for them to maintain the dominant source of national income before political pressures limit new drilling.

Regardless of politics all new oil is generally found in smaller quantities at deeper depths with increased technical challenges to get at. In simple terms it is increasingly expensive and more difficult to recover.

For further context - I am currently offshore (Norway as it happens) benefitting from a bit of work thanks to the drill drill drill policy 🙂

I that case you will know fine  well we are a ways off that situation yet. And what is the more sensible approach I ask. 
You answered really when you said “ pragmatic last gasp” 

2 hours ago, teepeeat said:

What platform/vessel you on ?? You might bump into Andy. I’ll be back out myself shortly in UK sector doing a IRM project for Ithaca. West of Shetland depth ?? vs depth off Angola or Brazil etc etc ?? The technology is there but we don’t have the balls or common sense like the Norwegians. 

Edited by Johnsond

When the article contains the standard climate change end of the world message my interest just vanishes. Especially if it’s promoted by members renowned for having a loose grip on the truth. 

IMG_9134.png

APPLE.NEWS

This is the story of how an obscure company based in an office block on a quiet street in Glasgow...

One of the consequences of shutting down your own domestic fossil fuel industries is surely going to be a reliance on others. Not just for LNG but Coal, Oil etc etc. I look forward to one of our resident multi disciplined experts posting a link to a supplier/producer of wind or renewables generated/derived grease, oil, lubricants or bearings etc etc . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

my interest just vanishes

Did you only read the first 4 paragraphs then? When I said "in depth" I was warning of a quite lengthy read if you can get past phrases that irritate. I thought it genuinely interesting to the very end and as I said, pretty well balanced. The issues discussed will affect you more directly than many of us I would think, although the wider impact affects us all one way or another.