Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

See? I knew you knew. ;)

Nothing to do with beating up the working class, which since I work I’m apart of. I wholeheartedly agree with not beating them up considering it’s me getting hammered here in Scotland. But then we’ve come full circle back to the lazy and the feckless. Buying their votes is expensive, but since they make up an increasing majority all the parties need to now do so. The SNP are a case in point.

So, back to Labours parting letter, to have spunked all the cash to whom where they hammering and where did the money go?

Im in favour of a far fairer society where people are held accountable for their actions but also their inactions. The amount of lazy and feckless in the UK is unsustainable and it’s the working to middle class who have to fund their lifestyles. I say fark that. We need to end buying votes with more and more freebies for the workshy and scum of the UK. The tails wagging the dog. 

You know that is nonsense though, don't you trig, honestly how many spongers do you know? As you know I've recently moved, and I've  not met one around here, in the city it's a different story, but on the whole I very rarely see these people, do you? I'd like the truth, not your political view.

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

You know that is nonsense though, don't you trig, honestly how many spongers do you know? As you know I've recently moved, and I've  not met one around here, in the city it's a different story, but on the whole I very rarely see these people, do you? I'd like the truth, not your political view.

You don’t personally need to know nor meet any spongers. It matters not the circles you or I move in. 

Interesting comment you made when you state “in the city it’s a different story” considering in England 82% of the population is urbanised. 

10 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

You don’t personally need to know nor meet any spongers. It matters not the circles you or I move in. 

Interesting comment you made when you state “in the city it’s a different story” considering in England 82% of the population is urbanised. 

It does matter the circles we move in, how many spongers do you know, or have come across, I'd dare bet it's very few?

18 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

It does matter the circles we move in, how many spongers do you know, or have come across, I'd dare bet it's very few?

Eggs, you just said it’s different in the cities. The implication of that statement is it’s the opposite of what you state. Yet 82% of the population is urbanised. This highlights the flaw in the weight you put on your non-city living empirical viewpoint. To such an extent that you yourself state it’s different in the cities, where the vast majority live. 

You’re tying yourself up in knots here.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Plenty of energy suppliers went to the wall end of last year.

I just found Kevin’s post unusually naive.

Maybe naive - maybe enlightened....

Plenty of small fry went to the wall because they played the margins and got burned. 

There’s ample fat on the bone for the big boys to play a loss leader to gain market share. 

It’d only take 1 to do it and the compareyourbollox type websites would be all over it like a tramp on chips. 

Watch this space for more visionary business tips in between gardening.... 😂

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Eggs, you just said it’s different in the cities. The implication of that statement is it’s the opposite of what you state. Yet 82% of the population is urbanised. This highlights the flaw in the weight you put on your non-city living empirical viewpoint. To such an extent that you yourself state it’s different in the cities, where the vast majority live. 

You’re tying yourself up in knots here.  

No I'm knot, see what I did there? In the city I see beggars and thieves, but on the whole most people I speak to are honest hard working people whose energy bills are sky rocketing. You've already admitted that your household are cutting back, when you have nothing to cut back from what do you do next?

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

No I'm knot, see what I did there? In the city I see beggars and thieves, but on the whole most people I speak to are honest hard working people whose energy bills are sky rocketing. You've already admitted that your household are cutting back, when you have nothing to cut back from what do you do next?

You’re backtracking Eggs. I don’t blame you, you farked up with that city comment earlier and you’re trying your best to recover. 

Bless.