Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

This might seem like a daft question, but what is the link between the very high rate of economic growth (that's made the headlines today) and the very high rate of inflation?

I'll hold my hands up to having no idea about the correlation between the two, but surely if everything costs more in an inflating economy, then the overall size of the sum being spent (ie, GDP) is greater? 

It's marvellous luck for the government that the cost of Brexit is being wonderfully masked by covid. I've got some replacement wheel chains coming from eastern Europe for the Vimek. They cost about £1250 to my door, of which £60 is cost of clearing customs and another (circa) £70 increased cost of haulage due to customs delays. So more than 10% more expensive thanks to Brexit. 

The increased costs for smaller spare parts is much more severe as urgent deliveries hugely up the costs. 

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

A very neat trick Khriss .   ( Of the same blood type as me ) 😁

Well, it got drummed into us in Scuba, the pressure n volume stuff wi yr lungs, that using a rubber bag to store  that pressure underwater had to have a use - who would have thought 🤔 k

( obvs if you hold yr breath coming up from depth yr lungs just shred on yr ribs) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Big J said:

This might seem like a daft question, but what is the link between the very high rate of economic growth (that's made the headlines today) and the very high rate of inflation?

I'll hold my hands up to having no idea about the correlation between the two, but surely if everything costs more in an inflating economy, then the overall size of the sum being spent (ie, GDP) is greater? 

It's marvellous luck for the government that the cost of Brexit is being wonderfully masked by covid. I've got some replacement wheel chains coming from eastern Europe for the Vimek. They cost about £1250 to my door, of which £60 is cost of clearing customs and another (circa) £70 increased cost of haulage due to customs delays. So more than 10% more expensive thanks to Brexit. 

The increased costs for smaller spare parts is much more severe as urgent deliveries hugely up the costs. 

So when yr in Sweden, will that matter? K

37 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Well, it got drummed into us in Scuba, the pressure n volume stuff wi yr lungs, that using a rubber bag to store  that pressure underwater had to have a use - who would have thought 🤔 k

( obvs if you hold yr breath coming up from depth yr lungs just shred on yr ribs) 

De comp sickness . Not nice . I always used to show peeps the bubbles emanating from the bottom of a beer glass . tiny little pin head dots at the bottom and 3.0mm baubles at the top over a distance of 4 inches or less . Don't come up faster than your exhaust bubbles .  👍

Edited by Stubby

2 hours ago, Big J said:

I think that the 'high rate of growth' is so high because we dropped so low that it looks like we're making good headway.

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

De comp sickness . Not nice . I always used to show peeps the bubbles emanating from the bottom of a beer glass . tiny little pin head dots at the bottom and 3.0mm baubles at the top over a distance of 4 inches or less . Don't come up faster than your exhaust bubbles .  👍

That will happen one day..... Just not at 20m  😋 k

• Like 1