Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 hours ago, Johnsond said:

During that 13 mile trot you to failed notice Glasgow is filthy and going downhill fast not helped by lunacy such as the ulez crap and left wing council mismanagement. 

The residents are up in arms about it as well you know , but yet another factually incorrect post by yourself. I didn’t need google being a regular visitor ( mainly for gigs)and having spent 5 month working at BAE systems Clydebank facility recently but the information is out there that proved you were wrong yet again. I tell you what next time I’m at Barrowlands or the Hydro I’ll catch up with you and you can prove me wrong 🤷‍♂️either that or you are happy to live in filth. 

Now you know that numbers and analysis is hard to dispute. Rumours and stories are. 'My city is filthy' doesn't say whether it is dirtier than others, just the respondent has a lower threshold for muck than others. Google any city + "Rat problem" and guess what the results will be. 

Anyhow, not sure if a story from a year or so ago qualifies as 'making the news today' but here is a link with analysis based on numbers rather than hearsay. A much better way to look at the world. 

Of course, detracting from the 'making the news today' story into one where you can invoke your mock rage, rather than admitting some good stuff goes on in the world will only make your day an angry one.

WWW.BUILDWORLD.CO.UK

House prices are determined by location cost and condition. We reveal the UK's dirtiest areas to live.

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steven P said:

Now you know that numbers and analysis is hard to dispute. Rumours and stories are. 'My city is filthy' doesn't say whether it is dirtier than others, just the respondent has a lower threshold for muck than others. Google any city + "Rat problem" and guess what the results will be. 

Anyhow, not sure if a story from a year or so ago qualifies as 'making the news today' but here is a link with analysis based on numbers rather than hearsay. A much better way to look at the world. 

Of course, detracting from the 'making the news today' story into one where you can invoke your mock rage, rather than admitting some good stuff goes on in the world will only make your day an angry one.

WWW.BUILDWORLD.CO.UK

House prices are determined by location cost and condition. We reveal the UK's dirtiest areas to live.

I’m sure there is a term used when one individual spends a lot of time telling another they are angry or upset contrary to the actual facts of the situation. Looks like you are in denial in regards the facts or evidence to be seen in many areas of Glasgow. You’re not my chance an SNP supporter are you ?. “Empath” was the word I was after or possibly a few others. IMG_4536.thumb.png.31ce501d091afd72b5fc16adc21a6966.png

IMG_4539.png

IMG_4538.png

IMG_4537.png

IMG_4535.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I’m sure there is a term used when one individual spends a lot of time telling another they are angry or upset contrary to the actual facts of the situation. Looks like you are in denial in regards the facts or evidence to be seen in many areas of Glasgow. You’re not my chance an SNP supporter are you ?. IMG_4536.thumb.png.31ce501d091afd72b5fc16adc21a6966.png

IMG_4539.png

IMG_4538.png

IMG_4537.png

IMG_4535.png

Talking of one individual spending a lot of time telling another something............... that's quite some list you've compiled there. Good work.

I'm not disputing the state of the city by the way, but I'm curious to understand how the ULEZ stuff has contributed to that. Can you elaborate on the details of that please? Does less cars = more rats or something weird?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sime42 said:

curious to understand how the ULEZ stuff has contributed to that.

ULEZ -> more anger from The Daily Mail (and apparently The Daily Express, but I thought their obsession was "Princess Diana, did you know she died by the way?") -> more rubbish papers sold

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

I’m sure there is a term used when one individual spends a lot of time telling another they are angry or upset contrary to the actual facts of the situation. Looks like you are in denial in regards the facts or evidence to be seen in many areas of Glasgow. You’re not my chance an SNP supporter are you ?. “Empath” was the word I was after or possibly a few others. 

So what is your metric for the streets being dirty? Is it just Agnus from 3/1 saying "My back passage is dirty, there has been a filthy animal in there all weekend and now I need to get a team of guys from the council around to give it a good going over" ?

Hardly a fair comparison when I bet Agnus has never been in anyones back entrance in say Dundee or Aberdeen

Anyway, I'll go with numbers. Trickier to argue with them. Rats, I reckon are a good indication of dirt on the streets - perhaps food waste and so on. Glasgow has 1.3 million rats. That is a lot. London 19.9 million (all off google this morning). I can forsee your argument, London is a much bigger city - bound to have more rats? That is reasonable from you. Perhaps rats per person? Number of people - the more the larger the city, you'd expect more rats. Hmmm, lets go with that.

So London 2.26 rats per person, Glasgow 2.04 rats per person, which is comparable to other cities like Sheffield (2.08), Manchester (2.01). Liverpool does quite well for having a large dock and grain stores (1.95 rats per person, maybe they are all cat people). Edinburgh, Scotlands capital and tourist hotspot 2.25 rats per person. That is more that Glasgow!

Makes me think then what about other Scottish cities - Dundee, 2.2 (doesn't surprise me), Stirling is nice (0.89 rats per person), Aberdeen... oooh, 2.5 rats per person - that is a lot more that 'filthy' Glasgow, and topping the list.... Inverness with 3.83 rats per person!

Glasgow doesn't look so bad based on hard numbers, I think it is just Agnus who doesn't like them up her rear entrance.

Edited by Steven P

27 minutes ago, Steven P said:

So what is your metric for the streets being dirty? Is it just Agnus from 3/1 saying "My back passage is dirty, there has been a filthy animal in there all weekend and now I need to get a team of guys from the council around to give it a good going over" ?

Hardly a fair comparison when I bet Agnus has never been in anyones back entrance in say Dundee or Aberdeen

Anyway, I'll go with numbers. Trickier to argue with them. Rats, I reckon are a good indication of dirt on the streets - perhaps food waste and so on. Glasgow has 1.3 million rats. That is a lot. London 19.9 million (all off google this morning). I can forsee your argument, London is a much bigger city - bound to have more rats? That is reasonable from you. Perhaps rats per person? Number of people - the more the larger the city, you'd expect more rats. Hmmm, lets go with that.

So London 2.26 rats per person, Glasgow 2.04 rats per person, which is comparable to other cities like Sheffield (2.08), Manchester (2.01). Liverpool does quite well for having a large dock and grain stores (1.95 rats per person, maybe they are all cat people). Edinburgh, Scotlands capital and tourist hotspot 2.25 rats per person. That is more that Glasgow!

Makes me think then what about other Scottish cities - Dundee, 2.2 (doesn't surprise me), Stirling is nice (0.89 rats per person), Aberdeen... oooh, 2.5 rats per person - that is a lot more that 'filthy' Glasgow, and topping the list.... Inverness with 3.83 rats per person!

Glasgow doesn't look so bad based on hard numbers, I think it is just Agnus who doesn't like them up her rear entrance.

Christ almighty you’ve went on a total post frenzy there lad 

calm yourself 😞😞
where  did I ever make a comparison to any other city or place ?, I think you will find I replied to your comment that Glasgow wasn’t a grubby place 🤷‍♂️ which by using my perfectly ok eyes and a modicum of observation rather than some form of scale or metric is absolutely incorrect. You made that very simple for me. Are you by any chance an SNP supporter? 

Edited by Johnsond

33 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Talking of one individual spending a lot of time telling another something............... that's quite some list you've compiled there. Good work.

I'm not disputing the state of the city by the way, but I'm curious to understand how the ULEZ stuff has contributed to that. Can you elaborate on the details of that please? Does less cars = more rats or something weird?

Dear oh dear and the wind blows in🤷‍♂️

weak even by your standards 42. Where did I say the ULEZ hss contributed to the state of the streets ??. I said ULEZ was another bit of lunacy that is contributing to Glasgows decline, something that Glaswegian businesses are fighting against and nobody wanted( you know where the M8 runs “ yes” ) . You presumably know the history of the implementation of ulez and the result of the consultation prior seeing as you are commenting!. 

27 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Christ almighty you’ve went on a total post frenzy there lad 

calm yourself 😞😞
where  did I ever make a comparison to any other city or place ?, I think you will find I replied to your comment that Glasgow wasn’t a grubby place 🤷‍♂️ which by using my perfectly ok eyes and a modicum of observation rather than some form of scale or metric is absolutely incorrect. You made that very simple for me. Are you by any chance an SNP supporter? 

At the risk of dragging on with news stories from 2 or 3 years ago, just quantifying how grubby Glasgow actually is compared other cities might help those who have never been there make a fair and honest judgement. Compared to other cities I have visited or lived in, Glasgow isn't a grubby place, the numbers show that.

10 minutes ago, Steven P said:

At the risk of dragging on with news stories from 2 or 3 years ago, just quantifying how grubby Glasgow actually is compared other cities might help those who have never been there make a fair and honest judgement. Compared to other cities I have visited or lived in, Glasgow isn't a grubby place, the numbers show that.

The rat ratio figures 😂😂😂

SNP ?? 
The sad thing is I actually enjoy going down to Glasgow as I said for gigs etc and have worked there  many times over the years. What i don’t enjoy is seeing the place go backwards due to chronic mismanagement. 

Edited by Johnsond

I'll leave it up to you then, you give us a fair way to compare whether a city is actually grubby, rather than Agnus and the problems with her back passage, some sort of comparison that can fairly be applied to all cities. Until then I'll stick with the number of rats, the rat ratio if you like, as a fair way to compare places. Over to you.